New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 712 of 722 FirstFirst ... 212 612 662 702 710 711 712 713 714 ... LastLast
Results 7,111 to 7,120 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

welcome js .. sounds like your machine was a good deal for you and it's fixed up nice . a little preventative maintenance and babys are alot of fun . probably lots of good riding in maine and the tracks will be a blast in the snow !! have fun and keep in touch . johnboy va.

Hi all,
    Been Atv’g into my remote cottage for years in Ontario, Canada. Looking into an Argo or other alternative. I currently trailer to a entry point, traverse down a rocky rough hydro corridor, then 20k, then rough trail that gets swamped out by beavers/floods, park and then travel by boat around a short leg of water. It’s very hard on the ATV but part of the fun.
    + I love the idea of an AATV going straight into the cottage
    + believe I could take a more direct route across swamp but is this risky?
    + love the idea of my two dogs jumping in with me (could also do with a UTV)
    + love the idea of winter travel opening another season.
    - concern that speed is way too slow for the 20k road
    - concern with rocky trail/damaging bottom/repairs

Would love to learn more and hear your thoughts before jumping into a purchase!
    Thanks!
    Cam

Hopefully plotthound jumps in here, he is up that way and can offer some advice.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

lol,start a thread over to the argo section so i help you out.otherwise the info will get lost in here.

My name is Robbie and I live on Cape Cod in Massachusetts. I just found the site and registered the other day after scoring a 6 wheeler. Found one for a hell of a deal and looking forward to spending the winter restoring it. I think I've identified it as a Attex, but still have to figure out year/model. It has a Kohler 309 in it and runs/drives, but needs some tinkering for sure (but again, I plan a full rebuild/resto). Look forward to picking your brains on here and showing off the rebuild.

good job robbie...welcome ... and there are plenty of attex owners onsite to help you out . looking forward to seeing your project moving along . must be some fun places to ride on cape cod ? johnboy va.

Good morning.
    Just purchased my first Argo. It's an '87 Magnum 8x8. When I was a kid I seen one of these beauties moving across a lake, and then emerged onto dry ground with these 8 glorious tires spinning. From that moment on I wanted an Argo.

Replacing tires and bearings, but, I'm sure we will get to play with it soon. Excited to be here.

I just got my first Argo 6x6. It has a Tecumseh OH160 and I think it’s a 1979. It needs some work but I was expecting that. Also I picked up a parts Argo that is about the same vintage . Hopefully I’m posting in the right spot, thanks!
    Ed From Alberta Canada.
    Last edited by edrk213; 09-17-2021 at 11:36 PM.

Hello,

I'm looking to buy a 2001 max amphibian. It comes with a plow, winch, and a zip up cover. The previous installed extra lights and soundboard with Bluetooth. What would be a reasonable offer on this machine? It runs well and has no serious issues.

I'm NathanK from Madisonville KY. I have recently purchased a old maxll with a Tecumseh 14 hp engine that does not run. I am going to replace it with a Kohler command 25 hp engine that I traded for. The crankshaft was to large for the pulley that came on the Tecumseh so I removed the crank out of the Kohler and had a friend to turn it on a lathe and mill a new keyway into it to fit the pulley. I have also replaced the rings, gaskets, and seals. I haven't tried to mount the engine. I just got the T-20 transmission back together and cleaned all trash and gunk out of the tub. So I'm ready to try and put this thing together. Does anyone have any suggestions about what I am doing, how to go about it, what modifications I have to make if any. I don't know and am kinda winging it and don't have much of a budget. Any help or thoughts would be great...

+ Reply to Thread