New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 722 1 2 3 11 51 101 501 ... LastLast

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

New members, introduce yourself here

I don't know what happened to the old thread so I will sticky a new one here. All of the introduction posts can go here so they are in one thread.

Don't be shy, tell us a little about yourself. Do you own an amphibious atv? If so, what kind. Where do you live, etc?

We look forward to meeting you.

Mike

I've been reading this group for some time.

Have rode dirt bikes for nearly 40 years but never had an opportunity to try
    a 6x6. Finally decided that if I didn't buy one I'd never get to try one.

Anyway, bought Don's Tomahawk about a month and a half ago - and don't think
    I've cranked up a bike since.(BTW: Great machine Don and thanks for answering
    all my stupid questions)

Wish I had discovered AATVs years ago. If you are lurking and never had an
    opportunity to try an AATV, do it - its really a blast.

tom

Quote Originally Posted by tpg
    I've been reading this group for some time.

Have rode dirt bikes for nearly 40 years but never had an opportunity to try
    a 6x6. Finally decided that if I didn't buy one I'd never get to try one.

Anyway, bought Don's Tomahawk about a month and a half ago - and don't think
    I've cranked up a bike since.(BTW: Great machine Don and thanks for answering
    all my stupid questions)

Wish I had discovered AATVs years ago. If you are lurking and never had an
    opportunity to try an AATV, do it - its really a blast.

Tom ,

Welcome to the amphibious forum . You should have a blast with the Attex you bought from Don , because I,m sure its sound mechanically , and fast too .
    Last edited by mudbug3; 07-23-2008 at 10:45 AM.

I'm glad you decided to make yourself known to the group, Tom. There's a good bunch of folks here and they're more than willing to help when you need it. It's always a pleasure to help produce another AATV addict. All you need now is a two-stroke powered machine to get the adrenaline rush as well.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

A big hello from swampy

I am new to this type of atv. Have ridden regular atv's in the past. I purchased a 1999 Max IV three years ago from a friend. Had to replace sprocket, drive chains, chain adjusters, and two bearings. What a trip, with the rusted up parts, but I managed. I live in the Tampa Bay area of Florida, (go Bucs and Rays) and really have no good places to ride. I am retired, and just hang around looking for something to do. I have gotten a lot of info from this group, on my first visit, and really enjoy the readings. Looking forward to contributing my two cents worth from time to time. So Hello to all fellow amphibious atv owners.
    Last edited by swampy; 12-11-2008 at 04:30 PM.

Hi Swampy and welcome to the site. I'm sure you can find somewhere / somone to ride with close to you. I believe that Rutledge ("fuller aviation" on the site) and "chrisivins" are both from florida. Also Dan Edwards is in Georgia. You may want to look in the local members section or the trail ride section to find some other AATVs near you to ride with.

In fact, here's a recent post by chrisivins looking for others to ride with: http://www.6x6world.com/forums/local...e-florida.html

If you can get together with another Amphibious ATV for a ride, it is much more enjoyable. Again, welcome to the amphibious atv forums!

Hi Swampy , and welcome to the amphibious forum .

Welcome aboard Swampy!

I know you will enjoy the people on this site. They are a great bunch with a lot of knowledge and very willing to help. Hope you can get together with other riders in you area. It is as stated: more fun with other AATV riders. Hope to see you around the site.

Until then.
    Lewis

Hustler Newbie from Colorado.

Well I just joined last week and love this site. Picked up a Hustler last week and am tearing it apart already. My name is Kevin and I live outside of Denver at about 8000'. My teenage boys and I have been into vintage snowmobiles for years and even had my own small engine shop for 3 years. As you may know living and riding at 8K to 10K feet has it's challenges, ie jetting and clutching so if anyone has hi altitude specs for this Chapparral engine I would be greatful for some advice. Otherwise it's the trial and error method for me. Look forward to chatting about these things with you guys. Thanks.

Hi Kevin. Welcome to the amphibious atv forum. Good to have you on board.

+ Reply to Thread