New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 246 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

Hybrid View

New members, introduce yourself here

I don't know what happened to the old thread so I will sticky a new one here. All of the introduction posts can go here so they are in one thread.

Don't be shy, tell us a little about yourself. Do you own an amphibious atv? If so, what kind. Where do you live, etc?

We look forward to meeting you.

Mike

I've been reading this group for some time.

Have rode dirt bikes for nearly 40 years but never had an opportunity to try
    a 6x6. Finally decided that if I didn't buy one I'd never get to try one.

Anyway, bought Don's Tomahawk about a month and a half ago - and don't think
    I've cranked up a bike since.(BTW: Great machine Don and thanks for answering
    all my stupid questions)

Wish I had discovered AATVs years ago. If you are lurking and never had an
    opportunity to try an AATV, do it - its really a blast.

tom

Quote Originally Posted by tpg
    I've been reading this group for some time.

Have rode dirt bikes for nearly 40 years but never had an opportunity to try
    a 6x6. Finally decided that if I didn't buy one I'd never get to try one.

Anyway, bought Don's Tomahawk about a month and a half ago - and don't think
    I've cranked up a bike since.(BTW: Great machine Don and thanks for answering
    all my stupid questions)

Wish I had discovered AATVs years ago. If you are lurking and never had an
    opportunity to try an AATV, do it - its really a blast.

Tom ,

Welcome to the amphibious forum . You should have a blast with the Attex you bought from Don , because I,m sure its sound mechanically , and fast too .
    Last edited by mudbug3; 07-23-2008 at 10:45 AM.

I'm glad you decided to make yourself known to the group, Tom. There's a good bunch of folks here and they're more than willing to help when you need it. It's always a pleasure to help produce another AATV addict. All you need now is a two-stroke powered machine to get the adrenaline rush as well.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

I'm an avid ATV rider,and deer hunter..I knew these 6X6's were out there but I never knew what they could do, until I stumbled on this web site..
    "Awsome".. I watched the videos for two days,and now I am looking to buy a good used machine...

Hi splat and dirtydog, welcome to the site.

Splat, congratulations on your Max II. Dirtydog, good luck in your search for an ATV.

hi there, iam just a wanna be 6x6 owner (yet) dealing on one right now. live in northern Alberta Canada. moose hunting, fishing and just tearing around

hi bayouman here,i live in southeast texas on hillebrant bayou ibought a max 4 three years ago. i .love it.

Hello, I would just like to say I am new to this site, and don't own a 6x6 yet. I remember back in the late 60's early 70's when I was about 5 or 6 seeing these cool rides. Now I'm 47 and want one. I live in CT and would travel to pick up an original, complete Attex or Amphicat. One of the things I like most are the old balloon tires for the nostalgia, the one thing I remember from back then. I would like to restore one of these back to original. What would be the better one the Attex or the Amphicat? Biff

Quote Originally Posted by biff View Post
    Hello, I would just like to say I am new to this site, and don't own a 6x6 yet. I remember back in the late 60's early 70's when I was about 5 or 6 seeing these cool rides. Now I'm 47 and want one. I live in CT and would travel to pick up an original, complete Attex or Amphicat. One of the things I like most are the old balloon tires for the nostalgia, the one thing I remember from back then. I would like to restore one of these back to original. What would be the better one the Attex or the Amphicat? Biff
    The Attex is far superior to the Amphicat. Get a later model Attex with a T-20 transmission rather than one with the Baker Hill Power Transmission. Welcome to the site and keep checking the For Sale and Ebay and Craigslist section of the site here and you'll find a deal soon.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

+ Reply to Thread