As some of you know, I picked up a 2 stroke max ii project, what started as a simple engine swap to 4 stroke and some tub repairs has basically turned into a full on resto-mod, if that's the right term? After ordering bearings, bushings, chains, a fuse panel, stuff to complete rewiring, a few tools, a new engine, clutch and a few other odds and ends. The thought hit me, this machine is being totally torn apart anyway, it needs a frame repair and I want to add some gussets and bracing, but, my thought was, bearing cages. What better time than when I'm putting it back together instead of pulling all the axles again later? Am I correct in thinking the cages are as simple as a piece of 4-6" long pipe or tube with an inner flange welded to each end? Then just bolt it together like I would for a bearing swap but twice per axle? I guess a 45° zerk for the inside bearing would be needed to clear the pipe or maybe just extend a line out to the end of the cage then both zerks are protected by the wheel? Or can I just use an outer flange as an inner and the zerk be inside the tub for the "inner" bearing? Hopefully this isn't too confusing, it kind of confuses me after reading it.