New tires all around? Attex 500 SuperChief

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New tires all around? Attex 500 SuperChief

New tires all around? Attex 500 SuperChief

I just picked up my first 6x6 Attex 500 Super Chief. Love it wanted one since I was a kid. Engine and trans are good body is good just ugly lol, needs some work but nothing major. However I have 3 tires that will hold air and 3 that are SHOT.
    What is my best option, I don't want to spend a ton of money right now, I just want to use her. Any suggestions on where to get 6 new or used tires, rims, plates? And what is a fair asking price for my 3 usable tires?
    Thanks in advance....20170902_195502.jpg

The old school rimless are pretty cool tires, but if you need to replace more than 1, I wouldn’t bother as they fetch a pretty high price due to their rareness and high demand.

Since the rimless really ride much different than any rimmed tire you will have to buy a full set of 6 rimmed to replace. I thought there used to be some cheap chevron AATV tires for like $59 but can’t find them and that could have been years ago. Cheapest I can find now are $79 a piece which obviously adds up.
    You could try something I always wanted to.

https://www.amazon.com/Nanco-Slick-B.../dp/B007U1S49Q

$30 a pop is the cheapest 21” AATV tire your gona find, they have no tread but should be pretty sticky and grab like crazy at low pressure, if you just want to spend the least and blast around the yard, dunes, dirt forest roads these could be fun.

Has anyone tried these tires? They look like they would be good in water and in mud???

Kenda
    Kenda K534 Sand Gecko ATV Tire Rear 21 X 11.00-8

They are $64.00 each.
    Attached Images

Ok another dumb?????? Where do I find the split rims for the 21x11x8 tires?

Quote Originally Posted by NIGHTOW1 View Post
    Ok another dumb?????? Where do I find the split rims for the 21x11x8 tires?
    I would not use split rims! Go to recstuff.com and get rims there!! Split rims are a pita!!

Sorry i ment beadlock rims.

Would this set up work?

Rims...
    8X7 5-Lug on 4.5" Silver Bell Trailer Wheel

Tires.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000GZJ3IY..._u.aTzbRC0PCX8

Then the 3 to 5 adapter plates..

I lile the tire and it seems to have a decent paddle.
    I dont mind using a trolling motor. So if someone has a better tire or rims set up that i dont have to spend over $700. Than PLEASE help lol. Im new to thw 6x6 world, have restored many tractors just never a Attex lol.

Know nothing about those tires but I'd say on a hard surface they're gonna beat ya to death?? You planning on being in the water a lot?? Or mud at all?? Those wheels are exactly what I have. Never busted a bead yet. Adair argo sales has 3 to 5 adapters with lugs for 105 dollars. Can't beat that price.
    Good luck

Ok so is there a tire you have found that is soft enough and still good off road/on?
    I know I'm being a pain, I just can't afford 1K in tires and wheels right now, and if all goes well should have her ready for tires in 2 weeks, not sure about water a few cracks to seal up first. I was planning on a trolling motor anyway.

Carlisle at 101s swim good and the ride isn't terrible if you keep 2 lbs of air in them. Goodyear runamucks ride and swim well also but not the best in deep mud. I'm running Goodyear rawhide 3s. These tires swim good and eat very well in the mud. I like these the best

I think my problem is i can only fit 21" On the Attex super Chief.

+ Reply to Thread