First 6x6 500 Super Chief

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: First 6x6 500 Super Chief

First 6x6 500 Super Chief

I saw her on Craigslist and we fell in love 🤣. Drove 300 Mi to get it. She was in pretty rough shape and needs a lot of work. I picked it up on September 2nd and if all goes well I should be driving her next weekend. Well I need the 3 to 5 hubs.
    I have done a lot so far. To start I cleaned out years of crap., Then check hydro fluid, tried to check the oil Rofl I know it's a 2 stroke. Cleaned the carb, and adjusted the hydro. SHE RUNS YEAAAAAAA!. I ordered a new carb, tires , rims some gauges, made a new elect harness, put new brakes in " just a note the brakes are the same that Cub cadet used on there tractors up until 1981." So I had a new set awesomeness.
    I still need a bilge pump, 2" fuel gauge, speedometer, RPM gauge, the heat ring around the exuast, some repairs on the tub, might just look for a decient one someplace..
    I can't wait. Love this machine. wanted one ever since I was a kid, use to watch the Banana Splits Show lol.....
    Attached Images

Few more picks.
    PLEASE feel free to comment good or bad, I have restored Tractors for years but this is my first 6x6..
    Attached Images

i think you will have a good machine when your done. take your time and have fun !! lot's of great people on this site for advice and guidance and parts. look forward to pics of the finished ''super chief ''. johnboy va.

Well I'm certainly not an Attex guy but your new love sure looks complete. Most guys complain that the rear engine cover is missing or butchered. Yours looks good. Not to fond of the layer of moss or mud or??? Congratulations

Here are a few pix of what I have done so far, I have a sneaky suspicion that I'm going to have to rebuild the Trans, that sux. I know I need a few small parts, going to make the seat and back rest this weekend.
    Attached Images

First off, congrats on your 6x6! You'll love it even more after you get to drive it. I wouldn't worry too much about the T20 rebuild, these transmissions are super easy to work on. Parts can get a little pricey but hopefully you ended up with a unit that wasn't abused or had water sit in the cases for any long periods of time.

Best of luck and I look forward to seeing your progress!

Lol, I am stupid!!!! So i thought i jad a problem with the trans. While turning the drive belt i would expect the axles to turn, well tjat would be true is I was smart enough to have the steering bars hooked up. I wasn't pushing on the levers so the trans didnt move lol...... so Im ok, mostlikley it's fine. Hope to test next week.

Also I had seen showplace that instead of the 3 to 5 bolt plates,
    I thought I saw new 5 bolt hubs that just replace the 3.
    If not i should be able to just build, simple process .

Rims and Carb came in today, now to find some plates or new 5 bolt hubs.

Quote Originally Posted by NIGHTOW1 View Post
    Rims and Carb came in today, now to find some plates or new 5 bolt hubs.
    Adair argo has the cheapest 3 to 5 lug adapters with lug nuts

Quote Originally Posted by dave phelps View Post
    Adair argo has the cheapest 3 to 5 lug adapters with lug nuts
    Here is the link. https://adairargosales.com/accessori...bolt-adapters/
    "Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

+ Reply to Thread