Kawasaki Fd620d suddenly no spark

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kawasaki Fd620d suddenly no spark

Kawasaki Fd620d suddenly no spark

Hi there everyone, this is my first post. I received a 2000 Conquest. It had been sitting for 3 years outside. I cleaned it up, changed the oil, transmission oil, coolant, battery, gas, fuel pump. Cleaned the carb, turned it over a few times and to my delight it ran!

Drove it around the yard a few times and then backed it into the shed and left it for a couple of days.

When I tried to start it again, nothing. Checked for spark, and there is nothing from either side.

Tested the igniter and it seemed okay except for the transistor resistances, so I splurged on a new one. Still nothing! Coils seem slightly low on the primary side (in ohms) but I don't believe they both could have failed at once when they ran last week. I tested the Pulser coils and they seem okay as well.

Could the ignition switch or something else be grounding the spark? What should I look for next? I've checked the connectors as best I can and they all seem to be making contact. I have 12v at the ignitor and the coils with the key on.

Please help!

Switch is a possibility, are you seeing no spark while cranking? If you know you have power with the key on you could try jumping the starter, if that works get a switch.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

No spark while cranking. The whole electrical system seems to work normally, but when I check for spark... Nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by ARGOJIM View Post
    If you know you have power with the key on you could try jumping the starter, if that works get a switch.
    With a push button simply jump the solenoid, once you find it. With key on and known power at igniter.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

+ Reply to Thread