13" plastic tracks (Argo)

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 13" plastic tracks (Argo)

13" plastic tracks (Argo)

I have come across a set of the STD plastic tracks for cheap money. If they came off a 2012 Argo Frontier will they fit a 2016 Argo Frontier Scout?
    Getting details on what their tire size is on their Argo but mine are the stock 24x10.
    Newbie on tracks here so be gentle please!

These are the plastic tracks...please tell me how you think they look.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by mowbizz View Post
    I have come across a set of the STD plastic tracks for cheap money. If they came off a 2012 Argo Frontier will they fit a 2016 Argo Frontier Scout?
    Getting details on what their tire size is on their Argo but mine are the stock 24x10.
    Newbie on tracks here so be gentle please!
    If both machines ran 24's and are both either 6x6's or 8x8's they should be direct fit. No wheelbase changes from the factory. You may need to remove your step if so equipped.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Quote Originally Posted by ARGOJIM View Post
    If both machines ran 24's and are both either 6x6's or 8x8's they should be direct fit. No wheelbase changes from the factory. You may need to remove your step if so equipped.
    Thanks! I'm waiting for an answer on their tire size...if the tires are different is there an issue (perhaps having to remove or add segments)?
    Yes they are both 6x6 Frontiers and I do have steps.

yes mowbizz, most 6x6 scouts come with 24 inch tires. some people order them with 25 inch tires that are wider. that would be a deal breaker on plastic tracks. even on rubber tracks it is a considerable job adjusting them.

Quote Originally Posted by philipatmaxfour View Post
    yes mowbizz, most 6x6 scouts come with 24 inch tires. some people order them with 25 inch tires that are wider. that would be a deal breaker on plastic tracks. even on rubber tracks it is a considerable job adjusting them.
    Thanks for your input...I guess their tire size will make the difference. Not looking for a big job...these are not even the tracks I really want but if everything is the same they'll get me through the season until I can spring for the rubber tracks. For now these are too cheap to ignore.

Adjusting segments if needed are easy enough, 25's won't fit in them so it should be a pin and go deal unless by some reason he is running 22's. Segments and pins are minimal money to add a couple if needed. If you are in NEED of tracks they will make a difference, perhaps not optimal but a difference just the same. Ask the owner of his experiences while you are there.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Quote Originally Posted by ARGOJIM View Post
    Adjusting segments if needed are easy enough, 25's won't fit in them so it should be a pin and go deal unless by some reason he is running 22's. Segments and pins are minimal money to add a couple if needed. If you are in NEED of tracks they will make a difference, perhaps not optimal but a difference just the same. Ask the owner of his experiences while you are there.
    Thanks...no chance to talk to the owner other than by phone as it’s a long distance deal with shipping from Michigan to New Hampshire involved so I have to decide if it will be worth it to have them shipped.
    I have learned that their tires are exactly what I have (24x10x8) so that’s not an issue.
    On another note, does anyone have any input on how the tracks look from the pictures I posted? It seems like there is very little “wear and tear” on them besides some dirt etc.

I Have decided to pass on these plastic tracks...too much of a hassle to ship.
    If anyone in Michigan wants the info, private message me and I will put you in touch with the couple selling them.

They want very little money for these $1300+ tracks! Probably less than 30 hours on them...

+ Reply to Thread