engine wont fire

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: engine wont fire

Check the wiring and fuel and choke make sure all is well.

I have double checked everything I can, it has spark, it has gas to the carb, what is funny that it started and ran two days earlier. It almost seems like the gas is not coming OUT of the carb. I put a piece of paper over the carb to make sure the engine was sucking in air and it is.

Check for water or bad fuel

Quote Originally Posted by adventurer 94 View Post
    I have double checked everything I can, it has spark, it has gas to the carb, what is funny that it started and ran two days earlier. It almost seems like the gas is not coming OUT of the carb. I put a piece of paper over the carb to make sure the engine was sucking in air and it is.
    does your carb have a fuel shut off solenoid? if so, you should be able to hear it click when the key is powered on. sometimes they will click , but not open fully
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

No I don't have a solenoid, gas go's from tank to fuel pump, witch is new, to the carb. I have not pulled the top off the carb yet because I don't have a new gasket for it, but that is the only thing I have not done yet. Yesterday I checked the wires on the front of the Engine and tried a start it again, it only firers for a second or two if I use starting fluid, then it will run for up to 5 seconds then it dies.

most of the time you can reuse that gasket. I would say go ahead and pull it. if the gasket tears and you can't run it you won't be any worse off than you are now, but you might have a better idea what the issue is.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

have you checked to make sure fuel is not shut off and you have good fuel flow and check for water in the gas

Check that you have a good proper guage power wires and connections from the battery to the starter and good ground from engine to battery......I just had a similar situation and a bad ground was the culprit!

+ Reply to Thread