Busco Beach in NC, April 6-8, 2018

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Busco Beach in NC, April 6-8, 2018

i love it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Deedeelin1 View Post
    We have been a little slow about posting, we still have one or two from last year still waiting to be finished. Here's a couple short videos from Busco Beach April 2018.

Wow, looks like you guys had some pretty excellent mud condition!!

It's really interesting how far superior the machines perform with the Adair tracks. Most of the folks I ride with are equipped with these tracks as we have learned that without them the machines are nearly bogged down most of the time. With the tracks they just keep going and going and seldom get stuck, and when they do, it's normally a high center issue that we can self rock out of.
    I really enjoy the comparison, and the videos were great. Looks like lots of fun was had. I was surprised that so many machines were there as I counted up ahead of time and didn't expect so many folks had committed.

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Woods View Post
    It's really interesting how far superior the machines perform with the Adair tracks. Most of the folks I ride with are equipped with these tracks as we have learned that without them the machines are nearly bogged down most of the time. With the tracks they just keep going and going and seldom get stuck, and when they do, it's normally a high center issue that we can self rock out of.
    I really enjoy the comparison, and the videos were great. Looks like lots of fun was had. I was surprised that so many machines were there as I counted up ahead of time and didn't expect so many folks had committed.
    Noel,
    Most issues that weekend were high centered issues though there was some sop the adairs shined in. When Scott gets to Sunday's ride you will see alot of Keith with his IV and 26 swampers ass down nose up crossing the thinly covefed silt while John just eased through, me and Lindsay 1\2 throttled through in Sandy just touching and moving with ease nearly like the track guys. I'm sure Ralph will post some of that as he just walked everywhere hanging back, i didn't realize why until his first video.

Tommy got wet from me high centered and him near high centered just barely touching so Gil yanked us both. Gil had repeated issues with water as those dang strykers just don't like the hdi at all, especially in water.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Just want to say it was was good to see everyone who make Busco this spring. My Max4 needed some work after sitting for over 3 years. Jim thanks for fixing the stuck push rod; Keith for suggestion on removing the springs on the laterals and how to adjust them. The comedians (I cant remember their names) for getting the carb to run and modifying the governor. That carb has been replaced with one from a Vanguard 19 hp vtwin. JohnBoy on how to repair the hole on the underside. Also, I straighten to rear axle, added an oil filter flange with cooler and replaced the incorrect 1" width belt with the correct 1-3/16 belt. This is a TOTALLY different machine! Hey Rick, Jon and his Attex was very impressive!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefdiesel View Post
    Just want to say it was was good to see everyone who make Busco this spring. My Max4 needed some work after sitting for over 3 years. Jim thanks for fixing the stuck push rod; Keith for suggestion on removing the springs on the laterals and how to adjust them. The comedians (I cant remember their names) for getting the carb to run and modifying the governor. That carb has been replaced with one from a Vanguard 19 hp vtwin. JohnBoy on how to repair the hole on the underside. Also, I straighten to rear axle, added an oil filter flange with cooler and replaced the incorrect 1" width belt with the correct 1-3/16 belt. This is a TOTALLY different machine! Hey Rick, Jon and his Attex was very impressive!

Glad to hear you got the Max IV running right. Apologize, i never did get a chance to ask you what was going on with it. Thanks, the Attex is in tear down mode right now but did pretty good and Jon drove great.

+ Reply to Thread