Busco Beach in NC, October 5-7, 2018

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Busco Beach in NC, October 5-7, 2018

Great video! That looked like fun.

Scott, Thank You for a great video. You really know how to make BIG GREENIE look good.

Big Greenie always looks good
    I did not shoot much as I was next to last on the trails, Ralph you were always last. So everyone was through the hole by the time we got there.
    Mike knew how to do it, he lead the group then filmed everyone behind him.

Great time as always, nice to see everyone, thanks for all your helps, sorry we did not make more (read any) morning rides. We were not well organized this.year . Next fall should be gooder.

Dang chiggers everywhere.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Excellent Video Scott, it was great to see the husband and wife team with the AguaTorque Max IV's hitting every hole and making it look easy. I had a great time. The night ride was something, I got to Busco late Friday night, pulled my high Lifter RZR off the trailer and then tried to follow several AATV's through water and impossible mud that I didn't get a chance to see in daylight! It was an adventure, with me having to cross several flooded areas with up to 3 feet of water coming into my machine, with the RZR engine under water. Thank God the machine didn't let me down and kept going.

My machine was tested in ways that no 4x4 should ever be tested, but somehow it passed the test. All this made me that much mores hungry for another tracked Argo 6x6, we will see!

It was was great to see Fred and Cory again! I wasn't sure I would ever see them again, Ralph his wife, the mud Ox, Scott and his son, Georgia Rick, Argo Jim and his father. It was great guys but I am not sure I will do it again in a 4x4.

The 4x4 crowd was quite surprised to see that blue MaxIV move right down the 50/50 with out an issue and then try that impossible dry water less mud hole. I spoke with them, they were impressed.

Ralph, I am not sure what we will do if you ever sell the Ox. Everyone has come to depend on you to pull them out. On the night ride when John Boy got his MaxII stuck it took three machines at different angles and a snatch block to get him out! Some of those mud holes are 10 times softer then they look.
    Last edited by mightymaxIV; 10-13-2018 at 04:36 PM.

Dan, Kris and I are sad that the YELLOW OX is gone. When I sell BIG GREENIE I hope you jump on it, I would love it to go to someone who would really appreciate it and know what it can do. With that said, always nice to see you.

Great video. Looks like fun. Wish you guys were not so far away. I love watching those mid engine Max’s blast through.
    Last edited by tbone9; 10-13-2018 at 07:33 PM.
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

scott and john...great video as always , short and sweet !! it was a really fun gathering and super conditions. i was happy the max 2 highboy had no breakdowns . overall i like the final design and performance . it was a good test for it and other than a few tweeks i'm good to go. i may get 4 more of the 25'' bear claw tires so i can run all those as a option, or full tracks on the smaller tires. looking forward to april already. i hope we get some good snows up here in va. this winter. later, johnboy va.

John Boy,
    don't buy the Bear Claws, they don't swim, A better tire is the dirt Devil Cory runs on his MaxII. The Dirt Devils swim a little, but at least they move the machine in water.

Question John Boy, Why don't you buy a two inch axle extension and run the 25 inch tires with tracks?? You can add links and grousers to those Adair tracks. Those tracks, ground clearance and traction would make you Max II unstoppable.

Or: you can run the Argo 24 Inch swimming tires with you current track design by just adding some links. This set up would be awesome on your machine, take of the tracks off and you have a swimmer.
    Last edited by mightymaxIV; 10-14-2018 at 06:27 PM.

thanks dan for the info. since i already have 2 of the 25 '' bear claws i only need 4 more tires . i do believe i can make my max 2 shackle tracks fit those tires with just a little modification of the grousers. i don't really swim anywhere here in va. if i can run the tracks i have it will be the same as a 27'' diameter tire . plus if that works i can sell my 6 22'' kendas with the offset rims to a max 2 guy. i will keep you posted and will check on those dirt devils size and price. thanks....j.b.

+ Reply to Thread