G50b sluggish????

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: G50b sluggish????

G50b sluggish????

Ok my fellow 2 stroke gurus I have a supercheif that starts good and runs well to half throttle then starts like maybe starving for fuel or something. sometimes i can feather the throttle and get more rpms out of it but im open to any and all suggestions as I have done 0 to this except turn the idle screw up a little bit.
    Thanks you
    Dave

check the exhaust hole first. specially if it points straight down.
    mine plugs up with mud after about 20 minutes cruising around
    the trails at pine lake when its wet.

also the air/fuel mixture screw. think i set mine around 1.5 to 1.75 turns
    from all the way closed.
    its a good thing to check the color of the plugs after you mess with it.

Quote Originally Posted by james gerber View Post
    also the air/fuel mixture screw. think i set mine around 1.5 to 1.75 turns
    from all the way closed.
    its a good thing to check the color of the plugs after you mess with it.
    Thank you Jim I will give everything a look!!

Dave, I would take your main jet out and check it for a restriction. It’s right under the plug in the float bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by countrybumpkin View Post
    Dave, I would take your main jet out and check it for a restriction. It’s right under the plug in the float bowl.
    Thanks Dave, I believe this machine has the wrong carb on it as it has the main jet that comes out of the side of bowl like my old 295 does. i have a new carb that my lil 6 wheelin buddy bought for his superchief that I'm gonna throw on it and see what happens.

Oops, sorry, thought it had a stock 34mm mikuni.

Quote Originally Posted by countrybumpkin View Post
    Oops, sorry, thought it had a stock 34mm mikuni.
    LOL Dave I’m the one that’s sorry. I had 2 carbs dropped off at my house today. Will keep y’all posted if this makes her scream!
    Last edited by dave phelps; 11-07-2017 at 09:08 PM.

Ok guys. Got old carb off and it is a 34 mm but it’s an older version that has the jet coming out of the side of bowl. Main jet is a 125 and idle or whatever it’s called is a 25. My ? Is the oring that’s suppose to seal around the bowl for the fuel to be sucked through the main jet. If it’s no good will it suck more gas causing this to flood out? Because that’s what it acted like! If anyone can decipher what I’m saying here please chime in as I haven’t tried new carb yet because choke fitting is too big for the new one.
    Thank you
    Dave
    Last edited by dave phelps; 11-08-2017 at 10:14 PM.

+ Reply to Thread