All,

I have a interesting issue that I cannot quite pinpoint logically. When I bought the argo, the thing started perfect and ran like a top. Recently, we have a difficult time starting the motor. Seems much worse when cold? Anyway, after I keep cranking, it will ultimately start (sometimes 20 min! but not continuous cranking) and runs fine. And will start up perfect for the rest of the day with idling and full power (it always had smelled like it is running rich). It appears to be getting fuel, as when choked, we get a strong fuel smell and if you pull plugs, you see that they are wet with fuel. Fuel pump appears to be working as I pulled the fuel line and when turning ignition on, it vibrates and fuel comes out. Not choking the engine results in no starting, so probably not a flooded condition. I have pulled plugs and tested to see if they are getting spark and have confirmed that.

I am pretty good with engines, but this one kinda does not seem to point to a single thing and has me perplexed. Maybe it is multiple things? I did a search and found a few things, but not really like this problem.

Thank you guys for any help!

Chris