Project: Argoceptor

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Thread: Project: Argoceptor

Where did you get the material for the roof? I need to find some to make a cover.

I build a cab for my Honda Pioneer from www.onlinefabricstore.net
    I originally went there for the 40mil clear vinyl for a roof and door panels.

I have ordered there a couple times now and am happy with them.

Has survived Maine winters so not too bad.
    Last edited by AcezHi; 04-30-2020 at 12:20 PM. Reason: additional info

Couple pics of the Argo out doing stuff that I built it for:

Thats the back of our lot and I’m just working on cleaning out deadwood and general mess. Plan is to (eventually) build a small boardwalk back to the river and a small deck where we can sit and enjoy nature.

River has fish, mostly trout and sometimes atlantic salmon, but I haven’t fished in years. May take it up again now that I’m full on retired...
    Last edited by great white; 05-03-2020 at 10:43 AM.

Double post.
    Last edited by great white; 05-03-2020 at 07:37 PM.

your argo looks perfect sitting in that setting !! hope it's performing well for you. quite the custom machine with lot's of creative fabrication. johnboy va.

Quote Originally Posted by JSmith View Post
    Where did you get the material for the roof? I need to find some to make a cover.
    Local fabric store.

30 years of SAR has left me pretty beat up. Pretty broken. I was the guy who could grab a 302 short block and walk across the shop with it. Now I struggle with a couple paint cans.

In the shop isn’t a big problem, I’ve got cranes and lifts to move heavy stuff. Outside is a different story.

So I built myself an all-terrain “crane”:

First job was to lift up the lawn tractor so I could spray the caked grass off the deck. Worked great!

This will be quite helpful for my yard and woods work!

And if I want to remove it, its just two bolts and pull the pin in the pulley to release the winch cable.

I just have to be careful how much weight I try to lift as the plastic tub will inly support so much...

cool

+ Reply to Thread