2 different engines, only 1 machine

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2 different engines, only 1 machine

2 different engines, only 1 machine

I'm playing with my restoration of a Jiger 152, the original came with dual 5 hp chainsaw engines, changed to a JLO something or other. I picked up a CCW 225 for $5 and it runs. So that was going to be the power plant, it's aneamic at 12.5 hp but it's light and it works well. I also have decided to get rid of my old snowmobile, the only hting iot has going for it is the engine, it's a 440 Kawasaki sitting in an artic-cat cheeta. The inner chains on the Jigger is 24 inches apart and the widest point of the engine is 21 inches. The trans I'm going to be using is probably a t-20 or something from an argo. This means it would take the stress of the 45hp twin but I also have a lake to get through and I'm unsure about the extra weight, I have the option of moving the engine forward or putting it to the rear. With the 197cc engine it was good for 25 mph so maybe the 225 will do fine?. I don't cherish the prospect of having a powerhouse 2 stroke only using 1/2 is caperbility, but I don't want to be wishing for more power. I also know the availability of parts for the 440 is good, a place down the road has parts on the shelf to keep me going. If it all goes well I will probably change to a moderate 4 stroke engine at a later date. I still have my Bazoo to play with. The other consideration is the chains on the Jiger, there 35, however breaking them was never a problem so do I want to worry about snapping chains every 5 minutes. I'm just looking at the snowmobile and thinking hmmm what about that, as I'm probably only going to get less than $100 selling the thing. Part of me thinks that if I don't like it I can always sell it and get something like a Max at a later date. But for now I have to think about the Jiger and getting it trail worthy. Any input greatly apreciated.
    Last edited by x.l.r.8; 08-09-2007 at 12:29 AM.

Try the 225 CCW first and if its not sufficient for what you want. If that doesnt work you could do a T-20 and a Briggs or Kohler motor. I would build a simple subframe out of channel steel and bolt the T-20 and Briggs on it and drop it in the Jigger. Then modify some Attex or Max sprockets to fit the Jigger axles. They both came in #40 and #50 variations. What size axles does the Jigger run? If you had a Jigger with a T-20 and a big Briggs or Kohler in it that would be really neat.....and pretty quick too!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

+ Reply to Thread