Mettowee Offroad New England group ride!

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Mettowee Offroad New England group ride!

Cool Mettowee Offroad New England group ride!

April 14 9AM to 6PM
    Hi All! It seems like we have enough members in the greater New England Area that I should put on an event for us all to attend! Too long New England has been left out of the AATV scene lets change that!

Mettowee Extreme off road park https://mettoweeoffroad.com/ Has a Spring Fling event each year around the end of or middle of April (They should be posting date soon)
    I would suggest for our event date to be the weekend after (the event is jammed packed with 4x4 and ATV users and it might be a nightmare to find parking and not get run over lol, though I was considering going just not advising that to be the day of our official ride.

Mettowee is more than a mud pit, it has hundreds of acres spider webbed with trails. Rocks, mud, hill climbs, man made obstacles. The entrance fee is pretty dang cheap and the mud is KILLER it's more of a super sticky clay very challenging to move though makes for a lot of fun. I've been there twice it's only a 2 hour drive from central VT and likely less than 4 form Road island, the Cape, and Maine.
    Your machines do NOT have to be registered (This is all privet land owned by the business). You only are required a helmet if you do not have a roll cage.

I'll call ahead and get everything ready. Let me know who wants to go, should be a blast!
    On my channel I have 3 videos of this place when it was very dry (end of summer) however watch this video to get a sense of what it will be like when we go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKOGbGXnKTs
    Last edited by allwheeldrive; 04-04-2018 at 01:26 PM.

This sounds awesome. If it is possible, I will be there with Juggernaught fully tracked and ready to boogie.

Steve

Sounds like fun.

Sounds like fun, maybe able to get away .....I will see what I can do to make it will know better closer to the date .

I'll try to come depending if I get my fingers out of it and put the hustler back together. Thanks Mike

The more the merrier!

Do you need eye protection or just a helmet?

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by allwheeldrive View Post
    the mud is KILLER it's more of a super sticky clay very challenging to move though https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKOGbGXnKTs
    Whitehall NY is in the Lake Champlain valley, what was once upon a time the ancient Champlain Sea... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Champlain_Sea ...and yes, this is super clay, and when there is enough water mixed with it, it can swallow huge pieces of equipment...ask any dairy farmer in the valley! While there are some "sandy beaches" on the lake, mostly north of Burlington, any waters flowing to the lake from Ferrisburg and south are laden with this clay and the lake bottom is a squishy mess.

While I am not a mudder, I can bet anyone who does this wet clay in April or May, will have their hands full. It clings, is very heavy, and is more like nearly wet concrete. It will be interesting to hear back how 6x6's and 8x8's with and without tracks do in it.

Hi guys sorry for lack of updates!
    Seems so very far away with all this snow here in VT :-)

Steve eye protection is not required. In all honesty I highly doubt anyone would care if you brought a helmet and didn't use it. The place is so big I've driven out back and wheeled for hours and not seen a single soul. That said if you need a helmet I suggest Craigslist. I bought 3 different ATV DOT approved helmets for $10 each!

As a 2ndary note there ARE porta potties on the property. Also there IS camping, though I never have done it, if anyone is interested I can ask what the deal with reserving a spot. I believe its tent only though I have seen RVs in the park camping section.

That's some interesting information Hipowerone! I too will be interested to see how 6x6s handle that kind of clay, I know of no videos or instances where this kind of terrain was encountered by one, you describe it perfectly. The good news is it gets much less rutted compared to normal mud so getting high centered in an AATV is less likely, since the clay is so firm more vehicles get stuck without digging in which makes for fast recovery.
    There is some "normal" muddy sections but the clay is so fun to drive in I kinda ignored those parts of the park ;-p

April 14 is the planed date. There are going to have the spring fling early this year. As with a lot of 4x4 places up north as the snow is vanishing faster than normal.
    Is everyone here looking for a two day event? Or would one work fine? Let me know either is fine by me.

The company asks how many I'm expecting. I estimated 4-8. It may not be that much let me know who thinks they will be attending. No rush on the answer just yet.
    Last edited by allwheeldrive; 04-04-2018 at 01:27 PM.

+ Reply to Thread