Mud Nationals in THE GREAT STATE OF TEXAS

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Mud Nationals in THE GREAT STATE OF TEXAS

Another short video clip of Argos at the Mud nationals:

Just in case anyone has any doubts our group of Six tracked Argos and a Mud Ox walked right through the mud hole that stuck the Sherp. On one occasion when traffic was heavy on the power line road Noel and I crossed from one side to the other going through that middle of that hole and drove up the other side to access the second road, our machines didn't even bog down going through that mud. I was watching the faces of several surprised 4x4's who seemed stunned that we would even try it let alone make it with such ease.

That's correct. The same mud hole on the HIGH LINES where the sherp got stuck, we crossed several times and climbed out the steep banks on either side as we came and went through various mud sites.

I’m a fellow 6x6er and Noel, I’m impressed, now I need to figure out how you do it. Great job, and teach me some pointers. The next time I’m stuck ( which will not be to long ) I will post some pics because I honestly can’t get threw the stuff I’m in.

Some more excellent video shot by Brandon price at the Mud Nationals, go to the 8:06 mark and watch Ty put that old Argo to the test. I love watching these older Argo's with Adair tracks, it is really neat to see just what these older machines can do.

Last edited by mightymaxIV; 04-05-2018 at 11:12 PM.

Great videos guys, that looked like some really thick mud!

Quote Originally Posted by Delduck View Post
    I’m a fellow 6x6er and Noel, I’m impressed, now I need to figure out how you do it. Great job, and teach me some pointers. The next time I’m stuck ( which will not be to long ) I will post some pics because I honestly can’t get threw the stuff I’m in.
    What type of machine do you have? Are you running tires? What type? Are you running tracks, if so what type, and what are the conditions you are running under?

That last video was defiantly my favorite! Great film work, lots of action and shots of all the machines. Got to love the sound of those V-twins.

One last great video of the mud Nationals, filmed and edited by Brandon Price. Check out Ty's machine in some pretty extreme mud at the 3.20 mark.

Last edited by mightymaxIV; 04-12-2018 at 12:00 PM.

you guys were the best !! johnboy va.

Quote Originally Posted by john swenson View Post
    you guys were the best !! johnboy va.
    You know John Boy, I must have seen over a 100 lifted machines with gear reduction boxes and 44 inch tractor tires (with over 20 inches of ground clearance) , but I never saw one of those expensive lifted machines going through or ever trying to go through that mud that our machines traversed with such ease. Most of those machines had 40 plus thousand dollars in them and it seemed that they couldn't even do what they were designed for.

+ Reply to Thread