Mud Nationals in THE GREAT STATE OF TEXAS

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Mud Nationals in THE GREAT STATE OF TEXAS

Mud Nationals in THE GREAT STATE OF TEXAS

MR. WOODS, Sir aren't the Mud Nationals coming up soon? I for one love your videos of the park. I was talking to my friend in Dallas, he just loves the night life. I would be in so much trouble if I hung around him. He is only into 4 Wheels. If they weren't so close together I would be there. 2 days to TEXAS or 30min to Busco Beach. One late March, one early April. Hope you have more then last year. Just thought I would throw it out there.

Noel did attend the Nationals, along with Mike (Argo HDI), Sammy (Argo HDI) , Doug, better known as Fox Valley (Argo HDI) Noel Woods (Awesome 750 Frontier with hybrid Adair tracks) Brandon price who shot the material for this video, Ty (tracked Argo Magnum with a 23 horse Briggs) Dan Edwards (tracked Mudd Ox Ven38) an Argo XTI, and several other machines including a factory Argo with Adair tracks. It was a wonderful time running with so many other machines and to say that our machines dominated would be a understatement as witnessed in this video. It was a blast and some thing I will hold in my memory for another three years. Unfortunately for the very best video it was to rough to film but we tested our machines to the max and the four wheelers could simply watch as we zipped by.

Last edited by mightymaxIV; 03-30-2018 at 05:48 PM.

awesome, awesome... you guys sure tore it up !! get's me pumped up for busco next week . should be good mud there also. dan , your yellow vengeance looked real good .. i'm sure your liking it . sorry we will miss you at busco , always love riding with you. it just amazes me the guys on the side by sides and 4 wheelers where they try and take those machines. the one heavy guy on the little honda 4 wheeler... at one point you could'nt see but a few small parts of the machine !! anyway , thanks for the great video you always get ! maybe we will get a few from busco to share . johnboy va.

I followed Noel Woods (750 Argo Frontier with a modified hybrid ADAIR Track) through several very deep mud holes without water (pure Texas mud!!!) I couldn't believe how easy his machine moved in this very heavy deep mud. I expected him to get stuck several times but that Frontier pulled every hole and made it look easy. Of all the machines I have followed I have yet to see another machine eat pure mud like this. It was also was great to see Doug's (Fox Valley) Argo HDI with the Adair winter track kit. This machine made the toughest hole look easy and he was able to get the extra traction he needed to pull out of the most soupy mud lanes.

It was a great time. Deedeelin1, sorry I missed your original post otherwise I would have responded.
    We had a great group that consisted of up to nine amphibs and pretty much all were operated by seasoned drivers. The mud was thick like mortar. One of our group was at the ATV park a couple weeks prior to the event and he said that flooded water was flowing everywhere through the timber and he was concerned that the water flow might have been too much, however the preceeding two weeks were dry, so we had some very good conditions to let our machines shine. The back area of Mud Creek was especially challenging, and we really had some good time navigating that terrain.
    It was good to see some old friends again and to make some new ones in the progress, and I hope to see everybody again on a future ride. Thanks Dan for the kind words, and thank you for traveling all the way over from Georgia. You get the award for furthest traveled to attend the event.
    Even the Argo Factory guys made it down and had a display in the vendor area with multiple amphibs and their new quads. It was nice to talk with the factory guys and they made a very sound showing at the event, and I hope they make it again in the future.
    It was also astounding that so many people know about Argos and other amphibs by seeing us at the Mud Nat's and pulling a few folks out when they need our help.
    Last edited by Noel Woods; 03-30-2018 at 07:35 PM.

Did you guys finally get to have your showdown with the Sherp?

Last clip with the 6x6 getting out was best part of the vid!
    Last edited by allwheeldrive; 03-30-2018 at 07:24 PM.

I passed the Sherp near the High Lines where they had been playing, but the Sherp headed back to camp at that time so the closest we got was like two ships in the night.
    I was impressed by the machine and have watched all the Sherp videos. I have to say, it is an impressive machine and very capable. My only criticism, and its really more of an observation than anything, is that the Sherp is a very tall machine. It looked over 8' tall as we passed, so the height would limit it from the tight terrain with low lying tree limbs.
    That Sherp has always impressed me though, and in the right hands and in the right conditions, it would be the machine to beat. I wish I could have talked with Ostacruiser who was there with their Sherp. Maybe next year.

Nice video! That place looks like an awesome place to ride. Good to see you guys putting those tracked machines to the test. Unstoppable! Glad to see you made it out there Dan Edwards, looks like you had a great time.

Great to see Dan Edwards and the mighty Vengeance doing like it should be done. Thanks for the video

Thank You, I always enjoy the videos you guys put out.

+ Reply to Thread