Baker hill low range

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Baker hill low range

Quote Originally Posted by ARGOJIM View Post
    Silly question for you Andy,

You do know the calipers are adjustable, correct? That would be 2 adjustments per caliper.
    Yes I backed off adjusters, the problem is the pucks will not slide between the gap of the calipers to get them into there seats( transmission out). It was a challenge but I did start to undo the bolts that separate the calipers into sections to make the gap a little bigger but it was a real pain to get in there so stopped thinking this is ridiculous something is wrong for to have to do this. Maybe this is the only way but I will have to cut down a allen wrench to get in there? I hope the adjusters will back off so they do not bind on rotors.

I like the questions Jim thank you .
    ST400R ATTEX(Smiley)
    500 Super Chief

I love the smell of Blendzall in the morning

Quote Originally Posted by rickga View Post
    Andy, i am a novice at best as Jim will tell you, but i just made pucks for my 7000 and you are right with size-5/16 (.3125) by 1.25". I bought a sheet 7.5" x 7.5" of medium brake material and drilled them out with 1 1/2" hole saw then ground them down to 1 1/4". They did not chip and with light pressure and constant movement i was able to get what i needed. You should be able to do what Jim said and adjust your screws out to allow your pucks to go in allowing for the extra 1/16, at least on the outer pucks.
    I might have to do your way if taking caliper apart doesn't work, I thought about grinding mine down a bit also but thought they will chip up and not be able to take back for my refund of $80.00. I just didn't have much spare time to make myself so I bought new ones.

Much appreciate the time to tell me what to do Rick
    ST400R ATTEX(Smiley)
    500 Super Chief

A file on the caliper may be less damaging. If I remember correctly the gap was tighter on the bottom/side than from the top of opening, unless mine were ground/filed.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Quote Originally Posted by ARGOJIM View Post
    A file on the caliper may be less damaging. If I remember correctly the gap was tighter on the bottom/side than from the top of opening, unless mine were ground/filed.
    I will look at that when I get home, and bringing home my files.
    ST400R ATTEX(Smiley)
    500 Super Chief

I was trying to find this thread and cracked up when I saw where I put it ooops
    Thought it was in transmission thread area, maybe moderator could move it please.

I was able to unbolt caliper half's and was able to slide a puck in and they are cut too big od also to fit in there pocket. And my calipers are clean so not a problem there. Geeez somebody messed up on there tolerance on these.
    ST400R ATTEX(Smiley)
    500 Super Chief

Low range works better than I thought , it handles the hills much better around here.

Can moderator please move this to proper forum? Thanks
    ST400R ATTEX(Smiley)
    500 Super Chief

KIMG1470.jpgKIMG0530.jpg

Smiley has been put back to work and play. Everything seems to be working well, and the lower ratio really helps with the terrain I have in my yard. Pulled some trees out of the way with ease

Still need thread moved.... anyone out there?? . Mike would have fixed it for me by now
    ST400R ATTEX(Smiley)
    500 Super Chief

+ Reply to Thread