Adair tracks or beaverdam argo tracks

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Adair tracks or beaverdam argo tracks

Adair tracks or beaverdam argo tracks

What do you think about tracks for mud and snow for my 2018 argo outfitter. Anybody have any experience with beaverdam tracks. Please leave feed back

You will have to check with Adair on Outfitter availability, a few years back I had asked about the Centaur equipped with Adairs and there was a possible weight concern.
    I'm sure development may have progressed.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

I have been very happy with the addair tracks. They go through mud really easily and it's nice to be able to take them in the water to swim.

I am resurrecting this dead thread as opposed to starting a new one. I am curious about both these track systems and would love to hear additional feedback if anyone out there has any experience with either of the two...

Specifically, how have either of them held up? Performance on the water?

I'd be putting them on an old '95 Response 8X8.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhorse View Post
    I am resurrecting this dead thread as opposed to starting a new one. I am curious about both these track systems and would love to hear additional feedback if anyone out there has any experience with either of the two...

Specifically, how have either of them held up? Performance on the water?

I'd be putting them on an old '95 Response 8X8.
    I do not think the Beaver Dam tracks would fit on a Response without going to a smaller tire. Most people are happy with the Adairs.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

not sure how much under-tire thickness Beaverdam grousers have, but they’re probably similar. As long as you have 22” tires, you’d be okay. Wheel spacer-wise, it depends on how high their belt height is in comparison to rear bearing extensions (if your machine has them). More than likely, you’ll need a larger-than-factory spacer because the beaverdam grouser is very square (or it always used to be) and has a wider contact patch. So unless the guides (and belt) are very low, then they’ll probably require oversized spacers. 10” wide tires vs 12” do offer additional clearance all things being equal, but grouser width on the inside and belt height will determine. ….unless they’ve tweaked it to be like other builders

I am running all steel Beaver Dam tracks with 25" tires. I have plenty of extra cleats, so if one breaks because I definitely climb over many loose rocks, then I just swap it out and keep going. I love the Beaver Dam tracks, but certainly both Beaver and Adair are very good tracks.

Tracks are always going to be superior to just tires. It took me many years to accept the concept. I have Adair tracks and am happy with them. I've seen another Argo HDI with Beaver Dam tracks and it performed well too. I think that the selection is a customer preference situation like Ford vs. Chevy. In a pinch I would take either.

Quote Originally Posted by scimanstev View Post
    I am running all steel Beaver Dam tracks with 25" tires. I have plenty of extra cleats, so if one breaks because I definitely climb over many loose rocks, then I just swap it out and keep going. I love the Beaver Dam tracks, but certainly both Beaver and Adair are very good tracks.
    have you bent and/or broken any of your grousers? Also, what width wheel spacers are you using with your tracks and 25x12? tires?

The original poster may have purchased new tracks by now?

Yes, bending isn't the problem. The trails I have access to have loose rocks. Some of them are about 100 pounds. The welds on the grousers can break, which can lead to bending. It's the oldest ones that break. It's not hard at all to swap one out. The tracks themselves can't come off unless an entire wheel comes off, which has definitely not happened, or the two 6 inch bolts holding the Kevlar together breaks, which has also never happened. The traction of these tracks is incredible. I have gone up a 60 degree heavily mudded incline with ease.

+ Reply to Thread