Engine options

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Engine options

Engine options

well, I guess I’m looking for engine ideas. Lol
    I would like to have a Jlo 440..
    I got 2 rotax engines with my pile of parts. 1 has good comp no ignition
    The other low comp and ignition. Looks like both will need money tossed
    Them to work.
    I would still like a 2 stroke 2 cylinder. Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Don

As an Attex newbie, I would say you need to figure out what the machine will be used for..primarily. Then, from there, you can whittle down engine choices. I just picked up my first aatv, a 295 Wild Wolf with a under-powered power plant(7hp). Needless to say, on the list of projects, the Attex is down there a bit....but...I did just find 2 Kohler 27HP motors used on my local CL. I will mainly be using the machine for fun, when I have the time, so the choice was easy for me. You just have to sit down and figure out what the machine is going to be used for, then go from there. I literally just happened upon the motors, as I usually check the local ads daily. I couldn't pass it up for $100 for both! I will start my own thread when I get through finals this week but from reading on here...it mainly depends on what it is going to be used for... Hope this helps.

Chayse

What a deal!!!!
    Well, I figured I’m just gonna stick to the rotax 343. It is 28-32 hp, I guess. It has 150 psi both cylinders. Just needed a coil.
    My next thing is figuring an engine mount. We stuck tranny and engine on the frame
    Gonna stick the axles and chains on to try to locate stuff properly. I need a pic of chains and where all
    The sprockets go. Lol
    Thanks don

Sounds like the motor has good compression! I wouldn't know a rotax if it were staring me in my face...that's why there is Google, I guess. Yes, heck of a deal and the gentleman that owned them was a very nice person! We chatted for a bit before I loaded them up for the 3 hour ride home...it was 1 a.m. when I got home. I knew if I didn't get them, they would be gone, so the wife and I had a nice 6 hour trip!
    I can't help you with the chains...all I know is that mine is a 4 chain machine and have not the first clue as if they are all correctly in place. I will find out once I get caught up on my to-do list and get through finals this week. Between work/school/house/current project....time is very limited! good luck and look forward to following as things progress!

V/r

Chayse

+ Reply to Thread