Another 'New to Me' Attex Post

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Another 'New to Me' Attex Post

Another 'New to Me' Attex Post

This is actually my 2nd post on this forum, as I lurked here previously when researching a local aatv found on my local CL. The PO thought it was an Argo but from reading here, I was able to determine that it was a 295 Wild Wolf. With the help of this forum, I was able to secure my latest find for a mere $600, as part of a package deal. (PO threw in a new 8x10 metal shed new in the box) as part of the deal.
    I work full-time and also attend college full-time, so to me, 'time' is very limited. I currently have a to-do list that is very long! Thanks to Hurricane Irma, the roof is of top priority! But, it didn't stop me when I found this AATV, so it sits behind the shed until I can find the time to tinker on it.
    I will post pics this weekend after finals, as to highlight what a basket case that I acquired! My better half thinks I am crazy but I like a challenge and see potential! With the knowledgeable folks on this forum, I am sure I can get it pretty close to it's former glory!
    As for the power plant, I just happened upon 2 Kohler CH750 27HP motors from a kind gentleman that was getting out of the lawn care business, so I quickly snapped then up at a tune of $100! Each motor has approximately 1000 hrs on them and have always been maintained. My thought process for the purchase was to buy both, hoping to have one as a spare, should I need anything. Both are complete, minus exhaust, but I can fab that up without a problem. Atleast that is one thing I have going for me....I am a certified welder and currently have a mill and metal lathe in my garage...so hopefully, I will be able to fab up what is needed for this machine.
    That is where the folks here come in...I see that the machine is a 4-chain machine, with a T-20 trans, so most of the 'important' parts are there. The plan is to break the machine down to the final nut and bolt and do a full rebuild. The tires are a bit worse for wear but what can one expect from a mid 70's machine! It has a few cracks in the ABS, like usual, but nothing a bit of ABS goo can't repair.
    So, give me a couple of days to get caught up on school and I will post a few pics. Then the plague of typical newbie questions will ensue!

V/r,
    Chayse

welcome chayse...sounds like you will have a fun project and have the knowledge and tools to turn out a nice machine. plenty of good guidance on this forum from many great folks. and there must be some fun places to ride there in florida. and it's always fun seeing pictures of a rebuild process.... johnboy va.

Welcome to the Club Chayse, can't wait to see what the finished project look like!

Found some time today while I was out in the garden to snap a few pics. Those of you that have experience with these machines, please look them over and give me your thoughts please. Don't hold back, as I have thick skin and know that this might be a long road...although moving slowly, still long. Let's see if these pics upload...
    Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (49.1 KB, 28 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (36.4 KB, 28 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (56.8 KB, 25 views)
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (53.2 KB, 25 views)

Here are more...although I will add that I think the baking sheet floor might just have to go....
    Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 10.jpg (23.8 KB, 19 views)
    • File Type: jpg 8.jpg (34.5 KB, 19 views)
    • File Type: jpg 7.jpg (31.2 KB, 14 views)
    • File Type: jpg 6.jpg (37.1 KB, 20 views)
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (31.2 KB, 17 views)

Last ones, to includes the new power plant I picked up Wednesday night...people always say 2 is better than 1....guess we shall see....
    Attached Images

looks like you got a good machine to start on and bring back to life...so many guys really enjoy the '' restoring '' process and are justifiably proud of the finished product . have fun !! j.b.

Thanks John! Although this will be a slow build/restore, I am looking forward to getting it back on the trails. I know and understand I have a lot to learn, as this is my first AATV. I have seen a few for sale down south, closer to the Everglades, so I know they are here. I do enjoy restoring old 'things' in general...my latest was a 1960's Sears & Roebuck cement mixer...I needed one to pour some concrete walks in the back of the house. It was a father/son project and turned out nice. My youngest is 20, so he enjoyed it...we'll see if he enjoys carrying the bags to the back yard when it comes time to get the walks poured!!! In my spare time I build Toyota trucks and I have an 1980 waiting in the wings once I get my current project out of the garage (1995 full size Bronco) I have had it for 2 years and this journey is coming to an end...hopefully by this weekend!

That is sweet!
    Mine is missing some stuff.. slowly trying to gather!

Bentvalve...I am sure I am in the same boat! Once I get this thing torn down...I am positive the list will be long! I did get a bit ahead of myself with the purchase of the motors...I just priced out the Comet clutch for the 1 1/8" output shaft of the motor...OUCH! But, I have time to save my pennies...

+ Reply to Thread