Another 'New to Me' Attex Post

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Another 'New to Me' Attex Post

I will add that I do have the motor shroud/cover and seat..although a bit worse for wear and patched with aluminum, I do have it. I will see what I can do to salvage it or build a new one once I get the motor in place. I have a 3/4 sheet of 1/4" abs left over from the Bronco project and I am certain it will come in handy for this project. I will see if I can't fab up a skid plate for the belly and see what's leftover for the shroud/cover. Of course, all dependent on the final height of the motor.

Well, mine came in pieces. Lol
    I got 3 engines with it. Rotax 343,377, and a Honda
    15 hp engine. I have narrowed it down to the 28 hp 2 stroke.
    Gonna be working on making new engine mount
    And stiffening the frame..
    Do you have pics of how the chains run?
    Don

Don, I will see if I can take some pics tomorrow after class...Yes, I know....classes on Saturday! They are disconnected (off the sprockets) but still in place. Will see what I can do.

Thanks!!!
    Don

Quote Originally Posted by Chayse View Post
    Don, I will see if I can take some pics tomorrow after class...Yes, I know....classes on Saturday! They are disconnected (off the sprockets) but still in place. Will see what I can do.
    These are 2 different generation machines.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Quote Originally Posted by ARGOJIM View Post
    These are 2 different generation machines.
    Now, I’ve been told it’s a gen 1 with gen 2 axels.

Don,
    Had a final today....Through Hole and Surface Mount Soldering, so I will get pics tomorrow. Final was rough, basically handed a blank circuit board and a pile of components..all have to be soldered to standard. Thank goodness for a magnifying glass and microscopes! Geez louise!! I will get pics for you tomorrow and apologize I didn't have time to get to it today.

Don, did you by chance post pics of your machine? Could look and see what the differences are and narrow things down. Either way, will get pics for you tomorrow.

chayse... when i had my amusement ride design and manufacturing business, all the bodies of our train rides, etc. were fiberglass. so you should't have much trouble patching your attex body. i found when patching a hole ...what worked well was gluing a piece of styrafoam on the inside of the hole as a backing...then use your fiberglass cloth and resin mix to build up the outside. do it in layers till it's flush..sand and then paint. hopes this helps. johnboy va. that's assuming the body is fiberglass ?

John, from what I gather from this forum, the Wild Wolf was an ABS body. So it looks as if I will have to mix me up some ABS goo and start patching!

+ Reply to Thread