muddtrax amphib

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: muddtrax amphib

muddtrax amphib

you can see in the videos on this tracked machine how the high clearance really helps in all kinds of terrain......just punch in muddtrax videos. johnboy va.

Pretty impressive machine, a step up from a MuddOx at about the same price or better considering the tracks come as standard equipment and it has more usable ground clearance. I also like the single joystick controller, more practical than twin sticks or handle bars. Wish they had a dealer nearby, I'd probably check them out, Utah is a little far to go for me to see them at their factory.

yea marauder...i would sure like to take a spin in one. maybe they have sold one to someone nearer to you. i assume it must be hydraulic driven ? j.b.

John, it is hydraulic driven, just like a MuddOx, except that they have one electronic joystick controller instead of the Ox two separate sticks, and of course it is riding on full tracks with full suspension instead of low pressure tires like the Ox, you can learn more about them at muddtrax.com or litetrax.com. It might be a while before I can test one out due to not getting out to Utah much, if I do test one out I'll let the forum know what I think of it. From the videos on youtube they seem pretty capable in and out of the water.

Not quiet hydraulic like the muddox, remember muddox's still have chain drive to all 8 wheels. This shouldn't need any chains.

that's the advantage of a tracked machine driven by cogs like a tank or dozer. no chains to adjust between axles. of course it will always be tracked. i have thought many times of converting a max to cog driven tracks using the t 20 to drive the cogs. if it was geared right , just one chain from the t20 to the cog axle should work. mount the motor and t20 on plates with slotted holes so both could slide for belt tension and chain adjustment. no need then for a chain tensioner. sure would be a simpler maintenance setup. keeping chains adjusted takes time . johnboy va.

EXACTLY hydraulic like the MuddOx, the tracks take the place of the chains and no inflatable tires to worry about going flat, plus it has real suspension instead of low pressure tires that have to act like springs and dampers but don't do either as well as long travel metal springs and real shock absorbers.

Anybody out there have one of these or know anything about them besides what is on their website? Would love to know how loud the hydraulic pump is and how well the single joystick controller works. Chime in please if you can give us any additional information, thanks.

I know a couple of months ago I inquired on the price of an MTX-M 1000, it was around $35k. Sorry I don't have anymore info, the price kinda shooed me away to inquire anything else on it. It looks to be a capable machine though, almost like a mini-ripsaw!

+ Reply to Thread