'99 Argo needs work

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: '99 Argo needs work

'99 Argo needs work

Hey everyone! I just picked up a '99 Argo Bigfoot. Runs like a champ, drives fine and I'm really enjoying it! Steve here from upstate NY, near Fort Drum. I've done some tinkering with it and have a lot more tinkering with little things like the seat covers, nuts and bolts missing etc etc. As far as I can see, the only major thing that it needs is a wheel bearing..... On each wheel!!! Forgive my ignorance, but it's the bearings that guide the shaft from the inside drive train to the rims. With that said, are they hard to replace? I was a mechanic in the Army for several years, so if it's something I can do myself, then I will. However, if they need to be machine pressed in place, or if it's an exceptionally long and tedious process, then I'll have to find someone to do it.

Thanks in advance for any help!!!!!

Always hated Ft. Drum, but anyway...bearings in Max IV are simple to replace, probably the same for Argo. There are a lot of smart folks on here, i'm sure someone will chime in with the info you need.

when I did them on my conquest they were very easy but that was 5 years ago I can't rember the exact process but I do know I did not use a press I did have to cut some off of the shafts because my machine was left with salt water in the tub but some did come off.

Easy to do as long as all the bolts are free enough to move , jmho having done this job on both a 2000, and a 2006 Argo 6x6’s I would upgrade to the HD bearing kit. To me it makes the job easier to do the next time and a better seal as it does not score the axils like the old bearing kits do. Bigfoot’s are a beast of a machine wish you the best and happy trails once you have it up to par.

+ Reply to Thread