Which tracks?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Which tracks?

Which tracks?

Guys in Virginia, west Virginia, Maryland and Pennsylvania, which tracks are you fine ng to work best for the terrain? I'm cheap so I will be building my own but am having trouble deciding a style to use, I'm leaning toward a channel track design, but am open to other styles. What styles are others using in these types of terrain? I'll be doing a decent amount of my riding in the mountains but some mud and water and soft fields on occasion. I know there's no perfect do all but the videos on YouTube have me leaning toward the channel style for ease of fabrication and cost.
    DanW

Dw I have rubbers on a max4 I love them I’ve tried open grouser tracks but no luck for what I’m in. I do have to admit, I’ve spent ALOT of money fixing things though. I’m almost done putting in new axles and reinforcement to the bearing cages hopefully she’ll hold together.

You did tell me it is hard on a machine, I'm hoping bearing cages and tying the axles together will combat this on my Max ii. It's long term just trying to find out what works in our terrain. I'm hoping to find a Max Iv after this one is done and all buttoned up. I think it would be better suited than a Max ii well at least my Max ii.
    DanW

Freind to freind definitely tie the bearing cages together. When I bought mine I didn’t know that they needed to be tied together, 3 axles later I found out. I simply posted a picture on another forum, and one of the guys asked me where my axle straps where. I said what are you talking about, then they posted a picture. So here we are 3 axles later, t20 trans rebuild, and chains. But I’m hoping to get it together this week and put it threw the test. Just make shure you don’t leave anything out it gets expensive learning that way. Keep your eyes peeled for rubber tracks for a 2 I’m looking.

Will do, I'm too cheap to buy a set outright, lol.
    DanW

There's an Amish gentleman with a welding shop who's been bending metal for me through this project, maybe Overkill but I was just going to have him make me another set of frame rails to run out on the axles and gusset them to the cages, I figured this should be beefy enough to run plow mounts off of too.
    DanW

Last year or so there was a good thread on here where someone built them they even had the grouser sizes and all. Hopefully someone of the old timers can help find the thread. Argo Jim and Noel were a big help when I first came on the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Delduck View Post
    Last year or so there was a good thread on here where someone built them they even had the grouser sizes and all. Hopefully someone of the old timers can help find the thread. Argo Jim and Noel were a big help when I first came on the site.
    Were those the ones that used snow mobile track?
    DanW

Yes type in homemade track in search bar, it was those

https://youtu.be/t8eXpp_Q284On the lower Eastern shore of Md, the plastic tracks have been all we've used for decades in the marsh and flooded forests.
    Last edited by fornarog; 10-26-2018 at 09:17 AM.

+ Reply to Thread