Prairie Bobcat Jumbo 2000

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prairie Bobcat Jumbo 2000

Prairie Bobcat Jumbo 2000

Hello All,

Purchased a Prairie Bobcat Jumbo last night with a Kohler 17 and what appears to be a Borg/Warner T92 Three speed transmission, was wondering if anyone on here would be able to answer some questions on it, already searched the forum couldn’t find information on shifting the transmission, it doesn’t appear large enough to be continuous mesh, was so wondering if it’s a transmission you can shift on the fly as you maintain forward momentum (No Clutch, Doesn’t like to drop into 3rd, most likely operator error) or do you basically select a gear based on your terrain and leave it alone. Also was wondering in regards to the Kohler 17 are parts such as air filter still available and where would I look.

Thanks in Advanced
    Last edited by BackwoodsWelding; 04-20-2018 at 11:49 PM.

While I have no Prairie experience, the Kohler parts should be fairly attainable with 18-20 magnums sharing some.
    As far as the transmissions I'm not familiar with the t25 and it appears the Bobcat's used at least 2 different transmission models. A quick search of Google led to a t15 trans for a jeep, a quick search of the galleries led to pics of what appears to be a truck transmission with a long horizontal shifter. If this is what you have I'd assume first and reverse on lower section and pick up shifter to find second and third, I'd also assume with no traditional clutch that with the variable speed set up your range would be terrain gauged.

Good luck

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

My prairie bobcat is the magnum 18 Kohler engine with what looks to be a farmer 4 speed turned sideways with a z shape shift rod sitting in middle back of bench also curious on shifting as I see the brake style shoes under seat that slow the speed of the spinning shaft connected to sticks but like you said no actual clutch I do see what is left of what could of been a brake style lever that may have acted as a brake cable system or I thought perhaps a clutch

I have one of these units too and i found out these transmissions are used on different Tractor models and the T92 transmissions and parts are still available from Olympic Gear Products and there is some useful info on the Speedex and Strongland Tractor website http://www.stractors.com/t92-transmissions/ I haven't had mine running for awhile, but if i remember correctly you select the gear ahead of time like you would on a tractor and I'm pretty sure it can't be shifted on the fly.

+ Reply to Thread