Slider buttons

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Slider buttons

Slider buttons

Just put a new comet 780 driven clutch in last year and its already missing a slider button. Does anyone know of a better style of button? I’ve had this happen on my other machine also, but it was an older worn clutch.
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

Hey Trevor, I'd call Roy at QDS and tell him what's going on.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/quality-drive-systems-alhambra

For whatever reason my driven also dumped a button a few different times (one time two were missing). I couldn't afford to buy a different type of clutch so I ended up installing a new origina-style instead.
    I now keep it lubed more often then I used to. So far so good. A new season coming up, we'll see.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

Well I finally got around to pulling the driven comet 780. It’s on a Max IV so not so easy to get at. Does anyone know of a different style clutch to replace this. Maybe one with rollers. I’m tired of losing buttons. As I mentioned earlier this clutch was new and lost a button. Otherwise I can try calling Quality drive as Joe mentioned.

My Max IV also has a new driven clutch installed last year (3rd one), with no missing buttons.
    A few weeks ago, after a long drive, one was missing. Another one put in, and now, one is missing again! I'm installing three new ones tomorrow.
    Any idea what size is the retainer external snap ring holding the clutch together is?
    Deffinately need a roller-type clutch.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

Lost another slider button on a 780. About 10 hrs on this clutch. I’m told the Comet is the way to go but I can’t keep doing this. There’s got to be a better clutch out there that can accomplish the same thing. I placed a call to Quality Drive as recommended. Left a message. Maybe better luck after Christmas. Anyone else losing buttons? How about you racer guys? Anyone recommend a Comet 780 equivalent?

Anyone figure out the missing buttons? I put a drop of super glue to hold the 3 new ones in and now 2 are cracked!! I have less than 6 hours on these and no hard trails. How bad is it if I run them cracked for a bit? I really dont want to pull this apart again!!!
    Attached Images

After losing a few buttons I called Roy at Quality Drive as recommended on here. He said the buttons are supposed to be locktited in with green locktite. Mine were not. I haven’t tried this yet but certainly will next time it happens.

+ Reply to Thread