Question replacing fuel line from tank to carburetor

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question replacing fuel line from tank to carburetor

Question replacing fuel line from tank to carburetor

I have an 18 HP Briggs and Stratton (2000 Response). I have disconnected the fuel line at the tank and removed and thoroughly cleaned the tank. I was hoping I could simply butt the end of the old fuel line to the new fuel line and pull it though from the carburetor side and replace all of the old none alcohol/fuel approved line. Has anyone done this before? Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks.

If you have the room to snake a new line through that sounds like a good idea.

They sell barbed connectors you can use to attach the old and new hoses without creating too much of an obstruction.

Craig,

Thank you. That was kind of what I was going for. Now hoping that I can simply use the old fuel line to pull the new fuel line through to the carburetor. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by osjim View Post
    Craig,

Thank you. That was kind of what I was going for. Now hoping that I can simply use the old fuel line to pull the new fuel line through to the carburetor. We'll see.
    maybe try lubing up the new hose on the outside with something slippery like soap to help guide it through.

I bought a large bottle of Dawn just for that. Any residue that gravity and friction pulls off will eventually act as a de-greaser.

Craig,

All done! Brass male to male barb and electric tape worked like a charm. Pulled the old fuel hose from the carburetor and the new hose came right through. I added a fuel shut off valve before the fuel pump. Trying to do everything to avoid the alcohol fuel/carburetor problems. Thank you for your help!

Was the new fuel line anything specific? Tore out old fuel line before finding replacement.

Glad I found this post. I have a feeling I am going to have to do some fuel line work as today when the tank was around 1/4ish she was spittin and sputterin. Stopped once I filled the tank.

The pickup tube is a plastic affair and can crack. Getting to it is pretty straightforward and the fitting itself is just a nylon elbow, 1/4” NPT and 1/8” hose barb I believe. Other than avoiding kinks and hot spots, replacement is a not difficult. The downside of that little fitting is that it can be a restriction point if you want/need bigger supply line from the fuel tank.
    Located in Western Montana

2003 Argo Bigfoot 31hp Spray Rig

+ Reply to Thread