Early AATV Distributer and racer

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Early AATV Distributer and racer

Early AATV Distributer and racer

Morning. I don't know if any of you "Old Timers" would remember him, but an early Distributer and racer of Max AATV's recently passed away. Don Burrows was a Distributer of Recreative Industries in the 70's. Don was a prominent Fruit Farmer in the Burt/ Newfane/ Wilson area of Western NY. His son, Don Jr. actually did the racing, you'll see his name in some of the results listings from many of those races. Don Jr. was telling me he wanted a 6 Wheeler and convinced his Dad it would be useful around the farm. Unfortunately, they were too expensive. When Don Sr. found out if he bought 2 he could get Dealer pricing, well, I guess it was too good a bargain to pass up. He became a Distributer. At that time Recreatives also sold Sabre snowmobiles and a 3- wheeler maybe called a Tryke? it was seeing those bright Red Max's cruising through the fields and orchard lanes that made me want one as a young boy. That may have been a brief period of time in Don's life, only maybe 10 years, but it made an impact and created a few good memories for some people. Think about that when some kid looks with wide eyes at that crazy vehicle you're riding in. We are ambassadors of our hobby. Donald Burrows was my "Uncle Don". He was a husband, a father, grandfather, a brother, a friend. He was a prominent member of his community and a hard working man. He will be missed.

I remember the Burrows, though it's from a long time ago. They were very nice family as I remember. 'Grew up not far from them. It's a shame to see all the folks from the early days of racing pass on.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

+ Reply to Thread