Sprocket to axle bolts?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sprocket to axle bolts?

Sprocket to axle bolts?

I have a hard time keeping bolts in the axles of my Hustler. The bolts that keep the sprockets positioned on the axles keep snapping, and it's always the center or rear axles. I've been using grade 8, 3/8" bolts with nylock nuts. Is there a tractor-grade clevis pin or something that I should be using?
    Thanks!

make sure that the shoulder of the bolt passes all the way through the sprocket tube, you don't want threads inside. usually you will have to use a bolt that is too long and cut some threads off the end to achieve this.

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/gener...ound-bolt.html

this is a good thread in general, but the top of page 3 speaks to your problem
    http://www.6x6world.com/forums/attex...-models-3.html
    Last edited by racerone3; 06-13-2018 at 07:02 AM.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Ahhhhhh Haaaaaaaa!

Thanks so much!

that will help, but it's a problem you never totally solve without going to splined, or keyed axles
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

if you have room on your axle next to the sprocket ..bolt a 2 piece shaft collar next to the sprocket and weld only one half of the collar to the sprocket . i had great luck with that really holding the sprocket tight on the axle in addition to the bolt . johnboy va.

+ Reply to Thread