9'th Annual Jericho ATV Festival

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 9'th Annual Jericho ATV Festival

9'th Annual Jericho ATV Festival

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/9th-ann...kets-886671057

This is a New Hampshire event, and Juggernaught will be there ready for mud!

Steve

I'm always tempted to go to this, but the fact I'd have to register my machine in NH, and pay for a club membership for a one day event just turns me off.

The trails are long flat and standard ATV friendly (bit boring for my slow paced beasts)

They have a mud pit race thing, but it's pretty tame compared to anything I've done.

IDK still on the fence.
    Any other members thinking of going?

I am busy getting ready for the festival. It's too bad I may be the only amphib there, but I certainly don't mind taking part in the fun. I will try the mud hole race, but don't expect to win. I just know I won't get stuck. So far only two things have been a problem. Three foot deep slush, and bare rock climbing. The winch works for the rock, but it had a loose connection when we tried to use it in the slush. I don't expect to see any slush in August.

Steve

I think you'll have a blast regardless. I'm half tempted to tag along even without a machine.
    Having company up this weekend not sure if they'd want do a road trip.

How did the event go? Any videos?

It was really fun, but with issues. I will post videos later. Juggernaught rode through the mud pit 3 times, in different lanes. It was slow, and as dedwards calls it, pudding mud. I never stopped, but was no match for the quads running nitrous. On the way back to the trailer, the police stopped us, saying that tracks were illegal. I knew they weren't, but it took the police 30 minutes to figure that out, but we were over the 65 inch width rule for that country. They have us a warning so we could get back to the trailer and remove the tracks. That took 2.5 hours, and we were sweating profusely. Finally we finished, but someone was talking to us for another 45 minutes. Finally we went riding again, but 2 miles in the alternator blew, so we headed back. We couldn't fix it, and although we could have switched back to the magneto, the wind had left our sails. We sat in the Jeep for a few minutes, and decided to pack up and drive the 3 hours back. We beat the mud, which was the main objective. Saturday evening, I discovered that without the tracks, I was narrow enough to cross the small bridge near my house, to get access to the lake. Sunday, we loaded the life preservers and headed for the lake. I drove in, and went around the lake, and it was awesome. No leaks, so I drove out, and back home. I wasn't registered as a boat yet, so I did take a chance, but it was awesome. I will get it registered as soon as I can.

Even though there were issues, it was a great weekend.

Steve

sounds like overall it was a good time and you learned a few things. glad to hear from you steve and happy your enjoying '' jaggernaught '' johnboy va.

Eye roll, all the more reason I'm glad I didn't give NH any of my money. Got to love the fact that paying them to use your machine they will find even more ways to scam you out of your own money. Regardless of NH's shady laws. Your right there are no "track" laws in NH or VT. Must have been a real pain to yank those things off. Though glad to hear it gave you the opportunity to take a swim. I hadn't considered the maximum width thing. Not sure if just ATV VASA registration in VT or general ATV legality on class 4 roads etc. Neither of my machines are over that limit, but is an interesting consideration given some machine builds I want to do.

Look forward to seeing your videos. We definitely have to ride again soon! With your tracks off your machine would be more at home on the rocks that dominate my local off road spots.

It is true the tracks, track tuners and spacers were difficult to remove on a hot, humid day. It took what seemed like an eternity to complete. As much as I love the tracks for going through severe conditions, the tires are a lot of fun also. I am spinning donuts in my backyard without tearing up the lawn. I am still waiting for the new alternator to show up from Amazon, but at $70 instead of close to $400 from Argo, I don't mind waiting. This weekend my focus has switched to building a new computer. Water cooled computers take more time to build and tune, but can provide brute force computer power.

Steve

+ Reply to Thread