What is it? in Florida

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What is it? in Florida

What is it? in Florida

Too much money and too far away, but I'm stumped as to what it is.

https://lakeland.craigslist.org/snw/...637313435.html
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

It looks like a stripped down Amphicat.

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Woods View Post
    It looks like a stripped down Amphicat.
    Yes Noel, for sure that (was) an Amphicat. I would bet that the colour is painted on. I never knew a new one that wasn't red. There is not much there of value in my opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by philipatmaxfour View Post
    Yes Noel, for sure that (was) an Amphicat. I would bet that the colour is painted on. I never knew a new one that wasn't red. There is not much there of value in my opinion?
    Did they make an earlier version of the Amphicat that had a body shaped like this one? I thought it was similar to Amphicat when I first saw it, but there are a lot of differences that I've never seen before. The bugeye headlights, rounded front corners and straight sticks made me think it was something else. Not trying to argue with you, just really curious about the machine (but not curious enough to go to Florida and pay a grand for it).

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Did they make an earlier version of the Amphicat that had a body shaped like this one? I thought it was similar to Amphicat when I first saw it, but there are a lot of differences that I've never seen before. The bugeye headlights, rounded front corners and straight sticks made me think it was something else. Not trying to argue with you, just really curious about the machine (but not curious enough to go to Florida and pay a grand for it).
    I'm stumped too, I do not think it is an Amphicat either as Don points out too many differences. I do think the G I Joe machine may have been modeled in part after this machine as the cockpit is very close.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

I've scoured the internet and haven't found anything as close as that! Maybe they fashioned the full sized machine after the toy instead of the other way around.

Wow ,You guys are really observant. I have looked back at my own old pictures and as Don says there were no "bug eyed headlights" . Some pics on the internet show the rectangular area around the headlights painted black but the molded in bug eye area is unique. Jim is trying pretty hard when he comes up with a picture of a toy with a similar or identical cockpit . Don, us lost in the swamp guys have forgotten a lot about the old machines.

A ton of things about the machine came to mind when I first saw it.
    Here is one, and it's your picture.

Then the rear

Front

And though it's not as pronounced, the rake of this

I see hints of 10-15 different machines in the lines of the body, I guess that's the beauty of fiberglass, massaging the shape until you are happy and ready for a mold.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

The GI Joe model still looks like the closest thing to it. I'd like to see the drive line but so far the seller hasn't answered my email.

Those balloons even being flat are awefully close together dont ya think??

+ Reply to Thread