Baker hill CVT belt

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Baker hill CVT belt

Baker hill CVT belt

I can't seem to find this information, what's the correct CVT belt for my baker hill 5000? I know it's about an inch or 15/16" wide and somewhere around 45" long, but I can't find one anywhere. I've converted to a 4 stroke, but the original engine was a Rockwell 297. I may fix it and re-install it, but the original belt should work with my current installation because I have the clutch in the same position.

The belt we used was number 300668

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Awesome, thanks! That's a bit longer than I was expecting, I'll have to do some measuring, but it should work. The belt I have on there now is too wide, I had to shim the clutch, I think the original width will work better.

The original replacement may have been a gts607 but after much searching and figuring we decided to go with readily available comet belt. It crossed to a salisbury belt that may have fit the attex and the wedge.
    Too much research to go through again. I think we figured it on 12.5" spacing incase we changed clutches to a common 780 set. The machining on the driven makes it unfeasible for now. The speed sensitive clutch i believe has a larger diameter than the 780. The machine is in ga and i never got to work on, its rickga's.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.

Yea, it's annoyingly difficult to find CVT belts by size. There are some charts, but they don't include everything available. Right now I have some really old belt I had sitting around my shop that's 1-1/8" wide, I had to shim the driven clutch on the baker hill 5000 for it to fit. Kind of a weird operation to shim those, but it works.

What do you mean, changing clutches to a 780 set? Are there different driven clutches available for the baker hill? I figured it's such a weird setup nothing else would fit. I've rebuilt the whole transmission down to each bearing and seal so I know what a miserable pain it is to remove the clutch...

If you look on the Ultimax website and click on the belt name that you want it will give you a dimensions chart. I ordered a couple belts now by size. I’ve had great luck with the Ultimax Max belt.
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

The width of the 300668 belt is pretty good. An inch wide would make me happier, but 0.9" is decent. The length, however, is way off. As I suspected it's a good deal too long. I'm having a difficult time finding anything the right width that meets the length I want... Ideally I'd have about 44" long and between 15/16" and maybe up to 1-1/8" wide.

The primary clutch has a second groove for the width setting which I'm pretty sure is for running a wider belt. Since I have a couple clutches I merged into one good one modified for 4-stroke I might go see if I can just run a 1-3/16" belt. Those can be had in about any length imaginable.I'm fairly certain I can shim the baker hill secondary far enough to run that wide.

Quote Originally Posted by tbone9 View Post
    If you look on the Ultimax website and click on the belt name that you want it will give you a dimensions chart. I ordered a couple belts now by size. I’ve had great luck with the Ultimax Max belt.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisgt View Post
    The width of the 300668 belt is pretty good. An inch wide would make me happier, but 0.9" is decent. The length, however, is way off. As I suspected it's a good deal too long. I'm having a difficult time finding anything the right width that meets the length I want... Ideally I'd have about 44" long and between 15/16" and maybe up to 1-1/8" wide.

The primary clutch has a second groove for the width setting which I'm pretty sure is for running a wider belt. Since I have a couple clutches I merged into one good one modified for 4-stroke I might go see if I can just run a 1-3/16" belt. Those can be had in about any length imaginable.I'm fairly certain I can shim the baker hill secondary far enough to run that wide.
    Pull up the comet belt chart, golf carts use mainly 1" (there abouts) belts. There is a lot to go through to find your needs.

Quote Originally Posted by ARGOJIM View Post
    The original replacement may have been a gts607 but after much searching and figuring we decided to go with readily available comet belt. It crossed to a salisbury belt that may have fit the attex and the wedge.
    Too much research to go through again. I think we figured it on 12.5" spacing incase we changed clutches to a common 780 set. The machining on the driven makes it unfeasible for now. The speed sensitive clutch i believe has a larger diameter than the 780. The machine is in ga and i never got to work on, its rickga's.
    I am using the A/I products A-300668 belt. I have a 7000 BH and i tore mine apart as well. We (Jim and I) explored many options and ended up doing what Toys4me did which is place the motor on struts that allow you to adjust the motor to fit the belt. The belt fits and it allows for adjustment as well. I have a Comet 780 drive clutch set at 1". I tore apart the trans after realizing that the driven on the BH wasn't opening like it should. Now all is well. Hope this helps

How exactly did you put the motor on struts? And was it the stock Rockwell 300cc?

I have the 4-stroke on slotted bolt holes, just can't adjust it back nearly far enough to use that belt. Annoyingly it seems that width belt is either 45.98" or under 40" which are both outside my adjustment range... The belt I have now was just sitting around my shop and measures about 1-1/8" wide by about 44.5" long. I think it was originally a 1-3/16" belt that's just really worn. The engine barely fits, I'd have to do some serious modifications to my current crossmember to move it back another inch to clear the 300668 belt, I may have to do that, though... I guess I could also find an overbore piston for the rockwell and rebuild it...

When I got my machine it had been sitting full of leaves and water for 30 years so I had to take the trans apart and replace every bearing and seal along with making the secondary clutch work again.

+ Reply to Thread