Other Non-6x6 Toys

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Other Non-6x6 Toys

Nice toys, all;

I wish I could find a good pic of my old CBR600F, but I know it's in the background of a couple Attex pictures anyway. Here's a couple of the non-6x6 toys I still have. The little Tecumseh in the Ruppster gave up, and I've got a Honda 11hp for it, or maybe the JLO 252 that came out of the Colt.

Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Wow, those are some cool toys Don. The fun never ends at your house! Those rims with the silver lip and black face look really nice on the Ruppster.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

While these toys do not belong to me, the museum owner who has them lets me take them for a spin whenever I visit.
    Banned

You drove those tanks! Wow, that is cool. At first I thought that was an M1A1 Abrams, but I think the military still has those in commission and hasnt sold any off to any private owners......I could be wrong though. You'll have to drive my Hustler BIGFOOT sometime and see how it compares to those tanks.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

You never realized just how big those tanks are until you see someone sticking their head out of one!

Cool

Hi Mike and Jeff,

The camo colored tank in an M60. It was the first in a series that was developed in the 60s and was still being built through the 80s IIRC. The green one is an M60a2. It had a short run in the 70s. Its main gun was capable of shooting regular rounds as well as guided missiles. It did not work very well so it was only in service a short time. I’ve never driven an M1 Abrams but I did manage a ride in one.

In this video, I am driving over a big old Buick for a crowd of spectators at an event the museum runs every spring.

YouTube - Tank Crushing Car
    Banned

My camper is not a toy hauler. I remove the cap from the bed to haul the Max to the Ledges.
    It weighs about #9500 loaded. I pull it with a 8.1 (496 cid) Vortec with Allison transmission. I use weight distribution bars and an anti sway bar. When camping, I let the dogs ride in the bed of the truck. I didn't want a 5th wheel because I wanted to haul the ATV in the truck. We looked at toy haulers , but they were double the price. No problems towing it. I can cruise at highway speeds with no problems. I stop at every gas station I see. I get about 7 MPG towing.

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    In this video, I am driving over a big old Buick for a crowd of spectators at an event the museum runs every spring.
    That was too cool George

Quote Originally Posted by liflod View Post
    My camper is not a toy hauler. I remove the cap from the bed to haul the Max to the Ledges.
    It weighs about #9500 loaded. I pull it with a 8.1 (496 cid) Vortec with Allison transmission. I use weight distribution bars and an anti sway bar. When camping, I let the dogs ride in the bed of the truck. I didn't want a 5th wheel because I wanted to haul the ATV in the truck. We looked at toy haulers , but they were double the price. No problems towing it. I can cruise at highway speeds with no problems. I stop at every gas station I see. I get about 7 MPG towing.
    Lance, my father has a 28' Jayco toy hauler that looks similar to yours. That's why I asked if yours was a toy hauler. His is also a ball hitch and he uses the distribution bars with no problems. I think his Duramax gets just a little better mileage than 7 though...somewhere around 10 I think. Still nothing to write home about.

In the early 70's I went to Track School while in AIT in the army reserve. The first day they took us to the woods and let us drive everything the army had with tracks couldn't believe they did that. The M60 tank is 52 tons? ran over a 5" tree and never felt it. oops. The engine and tranny can be removed in 10 minutes. All electrical is grouped into a couple of big disconnects. All hydraulic/fuel is quick disconnect. The skid steer tranny is about a cubic yard in size ,. probably weighs a couple thousand lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post
    You drove those tanks! Wow, that is cool. At first I thought that was an M1A1 Abrams, but I think the military still has those in commission and hasnt sold any off to any private owners......I could be wrong though. You'll have to drive my Hustler BIGFOOT sometime and see how it compares to those tanks.
    Jeff,

I'd be more than happy to get a ride in that Bigfoot.
    Banned

+ Reply to Thread