Other Non-6x6 Toys

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Other Non-6x6 Toys

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    In the early 70's I went to Track School while in AIT in the army reserve. The first day they took us to the woods and let us drive everything the army had with tracks couldn't believe they did that. The M60 tank is 52 tons? ran over a 5" tree and never felt it. oops. The engine and tranny can be removed in 10 minutes. All electrical is grouped into a couple of big disconnects. All hydraulic/fuel is quick disconnect. The skid steer tranny is about a cubic yard in size ,. probably weighs a couple thousand lbs.
    Roger, you would think they would make you wait at least a few days before they let you drive everything. And that's too cool about the engine and trans being that easy to service.

Well besides the darn 6x6 bug that I seem to have contracted I usually Jeep alot. Here a few small pics of my Jeep at play.
    529329_1_full.jpg

529329_4_full.jpg

529329_5_full.jpg

I built the suspension regeared to 373's and used the greatest locker ever the Aussie locker on the front diff.

X2 on wheeling the Jeep!

Jeff
    02 Argo Bigfoot

I never get lost : I take expeditions!
    I'm guided by the Magic 8 Ball.

Does everybody here have a Jeep?

Cool pictures. I have an old CJ7 myself with 4.56 gears and lockrites but it's been a pavement pounder lately.

I drive a 2000 Cherokee XJ.....my daily driver. It is the best vehicle I have ever owned, can't even imagine driving anything else. I have 140k trouble free miles on it. It is 2-wheel drive, but I have a trailer and almost functioning 6x6...

Mine is an 03 Rubicon. I added a few stickers for performance!
    It's about to recieve a 6" long arm lift, and eventually a hemmi swap.
    The hemmi will be great, towing theargo with an I6 with 200HP SUCKS!!!
    Jeff
    02 Argo Bigfoot

I never get lost : I take expeditions!
    I'm guided by the Magic 8 Ball.

just stumbled on this area, George there were meany a rainy days and night that i wished that you could pull the apck in 30 min. M48, M60 took about four hours to to pull if you were lucky to find a M88 to do it. putting the pack back in was the tricky part it might take you an hour just to get the final drives hooked back up. the M1 now that was a 30 min job and could be done with a 5ton wrecker. and we used to love finding stripped cars on the tank trail at ft Bliss, with thw M1 we could get air off a large car the funny thing is we were able to go fast in the M48's than in the M60's and the M1 were like driving a race car.

My 1978 Sportster.

I like that color and the sissy bar!

This is what REB181 & I did the first weekend of Oct. It's the annual Crown King run that I've been doing for the last 25yrs. It's an overnight ride that starts in the desert and ends up in the pine trees at 7000ft.

+ Reply to Thread