Kubota WG750 Stub shaft question

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kubota WG750 Stub shaft question

Kubota WG750 Stub shaft question

I recently picked up a WG750 Kubota gas engine. It was the power head for a generator. But by the the time it found its way to me it was just the engine and rad. So I have been trying to find a source or part number for the flywheel mounted stub shaft. Some might think of it as a PTO shaft. I see at least one 6x6 world member has some experience with these motors. I need help with a part number or some vender like a wrecking yard that can help me out.

Thanks Lorne.

I used to have it let me see if i can dig it up.

What are you looking to do with it? I had one made at a machine shop for my Yanmar/Thermoking. They made it with a taper to match the primary clutch.

Whipper made me one for the Kubota diesel in the BFD. It's probably the same thing you would need. One inch straight shaft with a 1/4" keyway for a standard four-stroke clutch. Works great.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

You may not like the price, but they're going for about $250 new from the only supplier I can find right now.

https://www.rnow-inc.com/P/5390/STUBSHAFTKUBOTAWGENG

I was lucky enough to stumble onto three of the 750s many years back, all of which had stub shafts, and all of which are in machines right now. You can likely have one made up for 50% of that cost if you just have someone weld a 1" shaft onto a round plate that bolts to the flywheel. That's what I did for the first 750 in my eight wheeler. That's before I had the lathe and I still was able to get only about 10-thousandths runout on the end of the shaft.

The stubshafts were mainly used in carpet cleaning, street sweeping applications as far as I can tell. Most other apps (light towers, manlifts, Cub Cadet tractors etc) used the end-manufacturer's proprietary coupling to whatever they hooked it to.

Good luck!

Thanks for the replies! Would have said something sooner but was having troubles logging in. Kubota Commercial in Vancouver BC sold me a stub shaft. Cost me more than the engine LOL. Big shout out to Dick at Grasshopper mowers. Was very helpful but stumbled on the the stub from Kubota Canada so went that route. Just waiting for it to arrive to see if its what I want. Planning to drive a hydraulic pump, and with that, an old Hiab 650. I'm just learning about hydraulics. But with a little more know how I would like to build a hydro Argo. I don't need speed. Walking speed is plenty. But more turning would be nice. These little Kubotas are nice. I got this one for $200. Its propane only. Would have preferred gasoline. I have an 1986 8 wheeler an an older 6x6 Argo..... most of an Argo. Was thinking of turning the 6x6 into a trailer. I use my Argo primarily for getting firewood from clearcuts to the road. So under 200 feet usually. I have recently added used plastic tracks. Not much run time yet with them. Not sure they would like turning on the spot.

+ Reply to Thread