T-20 walking?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: T-20 walking?

T-20 walking?

I have seen on other forums mention of T-20's walking up the mounting surface, especially on Hustlers. I have even seen different attempts at tying them down.

With proper bolts and torque on the bolts, is this a common problem?

I've seen that problem on my Attexs and I have seen it on my old Max IV. I took 2 1" x1/8" steel bars, drilled 4 holes in them, 2 for the transmission and the outer 2 to bolt directly to the frame. This will keep the T-20 from coming out of the slots. The newer Max's use hole instead of slots to keep the trans from coming out. I'll see if I have any pictures.

Sounds simple enough....I am trying to tackle any problems I might encounter now with the frame out, when it is easier to get to them. Thanks for the tip.

My Hustler and Attex ST/295 shows evidence that the T-20 "walked out" as well. I am also making some brackets on my Hustler right now that will hopefully keep pressure on it from the top to prevent this problem in the future.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

I have a later Hustler and had the same problem. The t-20 is a Skid Steer Not a Borg Warner The later Skid Steer housings are round where the halves bolt together. All you need to do is make a "U" shaped hoop strap about 1" wide with a 90 deg bend on the ends of the U, pull the hoop over the trans and bolt it to the flat plate under the transmission. Take about 15 minutes.

Jerseybigfoot, thanks for that tip. It seems quite simple and effective. I think I will do that before I bolt everything back together for my Hustler BIGFOOT restoration.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Yeah, great info here....either Jersey's or Liflod's should work like a charm.

+ Reply to Thread