Plow

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Plow

Plow

Looking to put a plow on my conquest 8x8. How big/heavy of a plow will these machines handle? I see the plows sold for them are about 170 lbs and 81" and the one I am thinking of using is about 300 lbs and 82". Does anyone have any input on this for me?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dustinhanscom View Post
    Looking to put a plow on my conquest 8x8. How big/heavy of a plow will these machines handle? I see the plows sold for them are about 170 lbs and 81" and the one I am thinking of using is about 300 lbs and 82". Does anyone have any input on this for me?
    Thanks
    When the plow is on the ground, I don't think that the Argo cares how heavy the plow is that it has to push, but the winch has to lift and lower the plow again and again and a lighter plow is going to be a lot less strain on the winch.

I do not have an argo, BUT, with the engine in the front and then ALSO a heavy plow hanging in the air off of the front, I would imagine it would want to tip forward at some point. Will the 300lbs be enough? No idea, and it all depends on how far you stretch it out/hang it off the front. Just something to think about.

If the ground is icy my tracks spin easily and I have angle iron ice/snow cleats. Tires work much better for me because they have more ground pressure. Tracks massively lower my ground pressure and I just spin plowing. On a side note my winch goes in increments with the remote winch button. I’d strongly recommend a wired switch that would allow you to just do a “quick touch” to the switch. My remote goes a few inches at a time with a button push. If you get hung up you want to lift a little weight off the blade not lift it 6 inches.
    Last edited by rotorav8r; 11-05-2018 at 04:48 PM.

+ Reply to Thread