Spd wedge clutches

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Spd wedge clutches

Spd wedge clutches

I'm looking for The clutches that go in a Sperry rand wedge 295. Any information on an aftermarket set would also be helpful. I just purchased one recently and I'm finding out that the parts are pretty hard to find.

Looks like your machine has clutches on it now, what are you looking to do?

Check out mfgsupply.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Engine to transmission variable speed clutches or the steering/braking Spragform clutches?

Steering /braking clutches. They don't seem to be doing their job.

It's the small clutch packs on each side of the rear drive wheels. They don't seem to be locking up like they're supposed to be. I can't find any literature on this model. If I could find a manual that would clear up a lot of questions for me. It also doesn't have the original 2 stroke engine. Someone put a Briggs and Stratton 18 horse Vanguard. They also welded the drive clutch Dome to the shaft.
    Also have a problem when I try and turn right. There is a lot of popping going on underneath. Also have a groove worn into to the seat Pan on the left hand side from the Center wheel sprocket. I appreciate any guidance you guys could give me.

There should be a spring attached to the clutch to keep it engaged to drive. If the spring is missing or weak, the clutch will never hook up.

These clutches are the same as the Cub Lo-Boy Tractor PTO.
    Here is the cheapest place I have found for parts:

https://hamiltonbobs.com/cart/search...cub-lo-boy-mm4

Check the springs on the top left and bottom right of this picture. If the steering wheel doesn't spring back to center, these springs need evaluated.

Thanks for the picture Joe!

+ Reply to Thread