Attex 6x6 with JLO Rockwell 1972 Engine

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Attex 6x6 with JLO Rockwell 1972 Engine

Attex 6x6 with JLO Rockwell 1972 Engine

Looking for model number and year of this Attex.
    I've been told:
    1969(ish)
    297 or 300d or even 400

Also I'm replacing the belt but the belt that came out does not appear to be correct. I'm thinking it was modified to work but could be wrong.
    Belt that came out says: Bombardier 414-3758 2.9 79
    Thanks!

Try here, there is a allot of good info in the manuals section that will help. This is just one page.

http://www.6x6world.com/images/attex...-Manual-17.jpg
    ST400R ATTEX(Smiley)
    500 Super Chief

I love the smell of Blendzall in the morning

Also the belt that came out, Bombardier 414-3758 2.9 79, is only 3/4" wide. The replacement is 44" length x 1-5/16" wide (Ski-Doo Dayco Part #HP3019). Do you think the belt was just worn down from 1-5/16" to 3/4"? Over 1/2" of wear?

Belt should be 1" give or take 1/16

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

thats not a super chief no way st 300 period jlo 297

Quote Originally Posted by ANDAARON23 View Post
    Looking for model number and year of this Attex.
    I've been told:
    1969(ish)
    297 or 300d or even 400

Also I'm replacing the belt but the belt that came out does not appear to be correct. I'm thinking it was modified to work but could be wrong.
    Belt that came out says: Bombardier 414-3758 2.9 79
    Thanks!

Year is about impossible on those, maybe check the clutches if there is a date but doubt it, serial is on a sticker on the center of dash but probably gone, model is on a sticker on front side corners under that paint but our guess is probably 300. If it has round axles and 7000 transmission it's probably 300, if it has square inner half of axles and 5000 transmission it's 297, the outer axle bearing holders were also different. Other than that same machine basically with the 300 being later.
    The 297 and 300 are the same engine with the bore being larger in the 300 though all parts are the same, except perhaps on 297 the head and jug having 5 studs instead of 6 of the 300.

40 years of who knows could have upgraded the 297 to a 300

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

+ Reply to Thread