Shifter

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Shifter

Shifter

Does anyone have a good picture of the original shifter from a first gen Attex with a baker hill transmission? Thanks.
    "Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

If you look at andyinva pics and duck89 pics you will see just a piece of flat stock, i think it had a one inch downward bend outside of floorpan. Had to be disconnected each time floor came out.
    Don doesnt have one in Attexland?

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

I went through all of the pics in the gallery and I may be wrong but the ones that show the shifter don't look original and I can't find any that show the entire thing. What is Attexland?

I'm not sure if I have a picture or not, but it's a highly sophisticated piece of engineering: 1/2" band stock with a hole drilled in one end and a loop on the other . It slides through the hole in the floor pan and is held in place by the pin at the trans shifter. I may have an original here, but I'd have to find it (not an easy task). They're easy to make.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    I'm not sure if I have a picture or not, but it's a highly sophisticated piece of engineering: 1/2" band stock with a hole drilled in one end and a loop on the other . It slides through the hole in the floor pan and is held in place by the pin at the trans shifter. I may have an original here, but I'd have to find it (not an easy task). They're easy to make.
    That is what I'm thinking, put the machine in reverse and give an inch after floorboard to get behind it and make the bend.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    I figured I would fab one but I want to make one like the original, that is why I am looking for a pic. The one I have is just a long piece of threaded rod. Doesn't work worth nothing.

Maybe Andy, Adam, Marty or LarryW will lift the seat and take a picture and some half near measurements, they may have came 2 ways depending on the vintage.
    I don't think the one for Jon's machine went to Rick when I sent it, or if it did I did not tell him what it was, pulling it to remove floor is a pain but so is lifting the seat. ( pun intended )

Quote Originally Posted by ARGOJIM View Post
    Maybe Andy, Adam, Marty or LarryW will lift the seat and take a picture and some half near measurements, they may have came 2 ways depending on the vintage.
    I don't think the one for Jon's machine went to Rick when I sent it, or if it did I did not tell him what it was, pulling it to remove floor is a pain but so is lifting the seat. ( pun intended )
    Andyman hooked me up with some pics! Just what I needed!

Quote Originally Posted by smudvapor View Post
    Andyman hooked me up with some pics! Just what I needed!
    Post it up for all who need one to see.

I would like to see that. Need to make one for Jon's 300. Been lazy and focused on 295. Thanks

+ Reply to Thread