So I acquired a Hustler 980 Bigfoot tall tub for very cheap. The rub is it was sitting outside for quite a while as the mechanic performing a tune up was fired and disappeared with the carbeurator, engine shrouds, and air filter housing assembly. Otherwise the Hustler appears totally stock. I started a thread and intend to put the work I did in it as I took pictures and typed up my notes...

Fast forward and I got everything running and new tires on it so my kids and I are enjoying it up until last weekend. We found a small pond and bought a boat plug to test her sea legs. Powering into the water I lost power to the right side. Chain link sheared so I bring it back home and this weekend I've gotten into it. Turns out the chain going from the T-20 to middle sprocket isn't the only bad part. I broke the right rear sprocket bolt and it is severely elongated. Lastly, I have about 1/2"of play on the right middle axle and bearing because its totally shot, like ball bearings in the tub shot.

So my questions:
1. Obviously I need new bearings and I searched quite a bit but besides calling buffalo bearing I didn't find any concrete part numbers.

2. Given the age, how long it sat, and lack of maintenance should I go ahead and change out all the bearings?

3. My research lead me to whipper and his splined axles, is this even an option anymore and ballpark how expensive would 6 be?

4. My chain broke on the actual connecting link so after cleaning it there appears to be no reason to replace it yet but all my chains are pretty loose though the manual says the tension is more about feel. I'm not sure if I need new chain or if that's a future me problem?

5. How should I handle the elongated sprocket bolt hole? I read about body bound bolts etc but I think my holes are pretty bad, only thing I can think of is welding in spacers and using longer body bound bolt or maybe a new sprocket.

I'm in El Paso, Tx currently.
Thanks
20181216_010952.jpg20181216_010746.jpg20181216_010659.jpg