Camel Centipede Project

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Camel Centipede Project

Nice to see a Camel complete, mine I bought for parts was a planter in front of a old ladies house for many years. The only thing I salvaged was the tank (aluminum) ,T20, and the engine that still turned over!!but worn out.

Keep the progress updates coming
    ST400R ATTEX(Smiley)
    500 Super Chief

I love the smell of Blendzall in the morning

Update

Update

Here is the latest on the Camel. I finally got the axles out today, that was real work. I had to cut them all out with a saws all because I didn't want any sparks to melt the body. When I pulled the frame out I found some rot that has to be addressed. It looks to me like it sat with water in it for quite a while and the frame rusted from the bottom up. The tub doesn't look too bad. I am going to touch up some the repairs that were done and then give it a really good cleaning. Lots left to do but coming along.
    Attached Images
    "Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

Ah, that's where it starts; The "While-I'm-At-Its".
    "I'll just do this one small thing. Well, while I'm at it, I might as well do this other thing too. Well, It'd be silly to do all that and not address this..."
    Then $15,000 later...
    haaahaaaa!

Finally got back to work on the Camel today. One frame rail was in bad shape so I am replacing it. It should be done tomorrow.
    Attached Images

Didn't get as much time in the garage as I wanted. Here is where I am at. Still have to transfer some brackets and put the curve in the bottom of the frame rail before I weld it all in.
    Attached Images

I haven't worked on it for a while so I figured why not bring it to school and let my students get some hands-on training. I have a student who does not do well in his academic classes so I told him that if he kept his grades up he could be the guy who gets to restore the Camel. So far so good.

http://www.mrdaviscbi.com/camel-cent...tion-2023.html

+ Reply to Thread