Dan's new 6x6 Argo Frontier Scout

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Dan's new 6x6 Argo Frontier Scout

Good for you Mr. Woods. With the Mud Nationals no longer in The Great of Texas, will you guys go to where it was moved to. I looked at the new place and was not sold that it would be better then TEXAS. If you guys go there, please let us know how good or bad it was.

I hear the Mud National will be in Arkansas this year, so depending on other commitments, we may show up there for the ride. I have been planning on a Busco trip for the last few years as well. While the spring is out, I may have to come out next October. Look forward to meeting some old friends and making some new ones there as well.

Noel

Quote Originally Posted by mightymaxIV View Post
    Here is some video of my new Argo 6x6 Scout S, equipped with a motor mount, winch, front rack, brush guard, 750cc fuel injected Kohler engine and Adair tracks.

As most folks know I owned a 1000cc Polaris High lifter with a winch and a blazing fast 110 horse power engine. After owning sever AATV's I couldn't deal with getting stuck over and over again in areas that would have been no issue for my Max, Argos or Mudd Ox. So the Polaris is gone. The new Scout has plenty of power, turns on a dime and will get up and down the trails at a reasonable speed and through difficult (impossible terrain ) about ten times faster then my Polaris. Good Bye 4x4's hello AATV's.

https://youtu.be/WVmw0QE-Jug
    Looks just like mine! Fun little buggers!
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by mowbizz View Post
    Looks just like mine! Fun little buggers!
    Are those the 20 inch wide rubber tracks on your scout?

Quote Originally Posted by mightymaxIV View Post
    Are those the 20 inch wide rubber tracks on your scout?
    No, just the 18” Argo rubber ones...

they removed the counter rotation feature in 2017 admiral transmissions. The machine name is frontier 6x6 st.
    My 2000 bigfoot with the classic transmission when put in low range sounded like a jet engine with full afterburner. The cooling fan noise drove me crazy and in winter always had to bang the hood to get the fan working.
    The frontier st transmission is smooth , makes the same noise in high as in low range and no cooling fan noise. Guess i'm glad i didnt get an older admiral transmission.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbob View Post
    they removed the counter rotation feature in 2017 admiral transmissions. The machine name is frontier 6x6 st.
    My 2000 bigfoot with the classic transmission when put in low range sounded like a jet engine with full afterburner. The cooling fan noise drove me crazy and in winter always had to bang the hood to get the fan working.
    The frontier st transmission is smooth , makes the same noise in high as in low range and no cooling fan noise. Guess i'm glad i didnt get an older admiral transmission.
    That is nice to know, I sent comments to Argo asking them to take out the counter rotation feature, I wish they had more information available pretaining to changes. That being said I really love the power, exact control in the 6x6. Having owned 6 different AATV's this is by far my favorite machine

Welcome back Dan! After that night ride, there were a few bets kicked around about how soon the RZR would be replaced! Congrats!

Tommy, I wish I could have gotten in on that bet. No, I was probably in bed. I bet no one said, maybe in a couple years. Dan is one of my IDOLS. AJ is another. Tommy are you working on your TOYS? I may have to go out on one night ride with DAN.

another cool feature in the 2018 model frontiers was the longer splined axles and offset rims. You dont need axle extensions to put the tracks on. just flip the tires around.

+ Reply to Thread