Dan's new 6x6 Argo Frontier Scout

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Dan's new 6x6 Argo Frontier Scout

Dan's new 6x6 Argo Frontier Scout

Here is some video of my new Argo 6x6 Scout S, equipped with a motor mount, winch, front rack, brush guard, 750cc fuel injected Kohler engine and Adair tracks.

As most folks know I owned a 1000cc Polaris High lifter with a winch and a blazing fast 110 horse power engine. After owning sever AATV's I couldn't deal with getting stuck over and over again in areas that would have been no issue for my Max, Argos or Mudd Ox. So the Polaris is gone. The new Scout has plenty of power, turns on a dime and will get up and down the trails at a reasonable speed and through difficult (impossible terrain ) about ten times faster then my Polaris. Good Bye 4x4's hello AATV's.

Last edited by mightymaxIV; 03-21-2019 at 08:06 PM.

Nice looking machine.
    "Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

Its been awhile nice to see you and your videos back
    does your Scout have the classic transmission also do you have the hi torque gearing
    look forward to more videos

Congratulations Dan on the new Scout!

I wondered how long it would take after you going chest deep on the night ride at Busco.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Radar, its got the standard high speed (22 mph) classic transmission. Please bear in mind that I have owned two machines with the Admiral transmission, I hated all the noise they make and I absolutely hated the counter rotation in low gear when I was trying to pull out a 4x4 stuck deep in the mud.

With the big Fuel injected Kohler engine this machine has plenty of power and once you learn the proper technique for driving the old style transmission they are extremely fun in a 6x6. You can turn them on a dime or move them really fast down the trails if you chose to do so. (not as easy with an 8X8)

What I like is the the ability to turn this machine in very tight wooded situations. I also like the fact that I can lean left or right in mud or water and make the machine do what I want. This is not so easy on an 8x8.

Over all I am very pleased, in the very near future the machine will be fitted with 6 sixteen inch wide Vendetta tires and I will chose tracks or tires depending on where I run. Nothing tops the tracks for Mud Nationals conditions but tires are tops in swampy watery conditions.

I have run the 16 wide Vendettas on my MaxIV and can tell you those Vendettas have track like traction in everything but Texas Pudding mud.
    Last edited by mightymaxIV; 01-06-2019 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ARGOJIM View Post
    Congratulations Dan on the new Scout!

I wondered how long it would take after you going chest deep on the night ride at Busco.
    About one trip trying to follow you on a night run at Busco.

Fyi i have the 2017 admiral frontier. Had the bigfoot before with the classic transmission. The admiral makes no noise compared to the classic transmission, is smoother and no longer counter rotates. You put it in low for tight turns and you have torque to all six wheels . I would never go back to that open differential. no benefit at all except price.

Welcome back to the wild world of amphibs, the Frontier Scout 6x6 is an awesome little machine, great power to weight ratio, well built, and lots of fun. Can't wait to see how it compares to other machines.
    These 6x6 machines are so fun to fling around that it always brings a smile to my face to see them scoot around.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbob View Post
    Fyi i have the 2017 admiral frontier. Had the bigfoot before with the classic transmission. The admiral makes no noise compared to the classic transmission, is smoother and no longer counter rotates. You put it in low for tight turns and you have torque to all six wheels . I would never go back to that open differential. no benefit at all except price.

What are you talking about? They don't put an Admiral transmission in a Frontier unless you are talking about a 6x6. They don't counter rotate????? Since when??? Please I have no idea what you are talking about. My 6x6 HD with the Admiral sounded like it was going to fall apart at any given time.

Congratulations on your new machine. Good looking rig. Those wide tires you are getting will probably make it look pretty mean.

+ Reply to Thread