Questions about the Argo Aurora

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Questions about the Argo Aurora

Questions about the Argo Aurora

Would anyone know the answers to these questions about the new Argo Aurora?

1. Are tracks available at this time for that machine? I've read you don't need the wheel spacers and lug extenders like my Avenger 750 EFI ... just turn the rims around and slip on the tracks. Would love to see a video of track installation.
    2. How convenient is it to remove that back seat? With the loads I usually carry, I don't think I'd find much use for it. But if it's easily removed and reinstalled, I guess it would be alright to have.
    3. One of the ads for the machine states that the Admiral triple differential transmission is available in standard 6.2 or high torque 8.1 gear ratios. Would opting for the high torque 8.1 gear ratio add to the cost of the machine?
    4. The ad also seems to state that the 8.1 gear ratio allows the vehicle to turn effortlessly even with tracks installed. Am I reading that right or is it the Admiral transmission that allows that ... regardless of whether it's the standard or high torque version?
    5. Would I be correct in assuming that the high torque 8.1 tear ratio would help when climbing, too. I spend quite a bit of time in the mountains with my Avenger 750 EFI.
    6. Is it possible to purchase a canopy for it?
    7. Has anyone on here had the opportunity to try one out ... with or without tracks?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Zircon; 01-09-2019 at 09:04 PM.

I don't have any info on the Aurora but can vouch for the difference of the high torque trans doing exactly what you want.
    The High Torque trans complements the tracks mostly if the stay on most of the time as you do lose some speed with it without the tracks. With tracks depending the setup the High Torque can gain you speed being able to turn the tracks better, definitely better acceleration and better climbing ability without loading down so hard especially with increased payloads.
    Typically before order you do not have to pay extra for the High Torque trans, I doubt they would start charging extra for some reason? I ordered a 2015 with it at no additional cost.
    Though the Admiral helps turn the tracks, the High Torque helps even more especially at take off speeds in high range over obstacles engaging the clutch like driving over logs and rocks without slipping the belt too much and heating it up. Throttle control will be smoother on the bottom end and less jerky too. It's like adding a gear or two before the regular trans almost like being in low range on a regular geared Admiral trans at take off with the benefits of the 1/3 and 2/3 Admiral full 8WD steering so you aren't always switching between high and low range just to crawl over logs and such as I found with the regular trans.

Haven't had a chance to try one out yet. Very interested in the steering differences from the avenger admiral setup. For your back seat question, the parts manual does show the seat frame is latched to side brackets that support it to the main frame so it should be pretty easy to pop out.

+ Reply to Thread