Wild wolf 295

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Wild wolf 295

Wild wolf 295

Fresh rebuild on jlo 295. Now have fuel coming from exhaust while cranking. I am getting spark but not sure if it's enough. I know I don't have the correct plug(ordered). Is there anything else I should check or can it be as easy as a new spark plug?

Check your timing. When you are cranking the engine hold your hand over the intake and see if the engine pops. I have had this happen plenty of times and timing has always been the problem. These things are tough to time sometimes. Check the gap on the points too.
    "Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

Points gap is fine. Unsure of the timing. I haven't found an easy way to check it. Even if the timing was off I would expect it to try to run. This one doesn't. I assume since fuel is running out the exhaust that the carb is doing it's job. I'll try to find a way to check timing. I have a JLO engine manual but I don't have that kind of timing light. Only one I have is automotive type.

Did you try holding your hand over the intake while cranking it?

lots of plug fouling issue's with these motors,try a new plug. not sure why but the ignition system on these are fickle.(even when they were new they fouled lots plugs)
    if the electrical worked before the rebuild and an new plug don't do the trick, it could be timing.
    mine will not run at all when its flooded make sure the crank case is not full of gas.

Quote Originally Posted by james gerber View Post
    mine will not run at all when its flooded make sure the crank case is not full of gas.
    There is a bolt in the bottom of crankcase

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Held my hand over intake. Did not pop. Should have new spark plug to try tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by 507rzr View Post
    Held my hand over intake. Did not pop. Should have new spark plug to try tomorrow
    Here is how to make a timing light, they are really simple and only cost about $10.00 to make. Just make sure you buy a light with a bulb in it, no LED. You can get a dial indicator cheap at Harbor Freight.

https://youtu.be/gvD6xwZ1nro

I did make a timing light from a 12v battery, some wires, and a light bulb. Seems to work fine. Just need to find a sial indicator. It appears to fire just before TDC just not sure of the exacts.

Quote Originally Posted by 507rzr View Post
    I did make a timing light from a 12v battery, some wires, and a light bulb. Seems to work fine. Just need to find a sial indicator. It appears to fire just before TDC just not sure of the exacts.
    Yea, you are kind of in the dark without the dial indicator. They are cheap though.

+ Reply to Thread