Wild wolf 295

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Wild wolf 295

Ok I'm kinda at a loss. Got spark with correct plug. Evidently have fuel(runs out exhaust). Got compression (150). Timing is firing just before TDC yet it don't even act like it's gonna run. My fuel is probably 1.5 years old. Guess I'll drain it. Not sure what else to do. I just figured it would at least try to run if timing is a little off.

Without a dial indicator and a light you are just guessing on the timing.
    "Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

I'll get a dial indicator. Just can't imagine that's the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by 507rzr View Post
    I'll get a dial indicator. Just can't imagine that's the problem.
    The JLO singles are real finicky. I learned the hard way. When you get the light and the dial indicator check it a couple of times and make sure you have the pin holding the advance or you won't get the timing right.

Page 28 http://www.vintagesnow.com/Engine_ma...e%20Manual.pdf

I don't have the correct pin. But I make sure the lever is I the advanced position. Or close. Lol

I usually use a punch just don't put it in too far.

It could be the needle & seat stuck open or the floats saturated or stuck.(mikuni carb) dumping to much gas, or even the choke stuck closed.
    You could try shutting the fuel off or disconnecting the fuel line and dump some fuel down the plug hole to see if it will fire.
    sometimes it takes some time to get the all the fuel out of the motor before it will fire.
    depending on what all was rebuilt i would think your timing should be close.

Removed carb and spark plug and drain plug. Cranked over for a few minutes. Allot of fuel mist came out. Put in new plug and sprayed starting spray in intake. Still never tried to run or pop. Guess I will wait till i get the dial indicator that I ordered so I can truly check the timing. Any other suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by 507rzr View Post
    Removed carb and spark plug and drain plug. Cranked over for a few minutes. Allot of fuel mist came out. Put in new plug and sprayed starting spray in intake. Still never tried to run or pop. Guess I will wait till i get the dial indicator that I ordered so I can truly check the timing. Any other suggestions?
    My money is on the timing.

Ok. I have 1 question? Have you checked the compression???

Never mind. Seen it on the 1st post.

+ Reply to Thread