Wild wolf 295

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Wild wolf 295

Update. Removed engine to set timing and gap with buzzer and dial indicator. Replaced carb as it was leaking bad. Have spark and sprayed starting fluid in carb and in plug hole. No change. This thing won't even try to run. It does seem to spin a little faster when spraying either in carb. Honestly I'm at a loss. Any suggestions from the experts?

I do have a junk battery in it. Just spinning it over with a charger. Could that be an issue?

Did you try starting it with the recoil? I had a single once that had a starter on it but it was spinning the engine in the wrong direction. Where are you located?
    "Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

I've got the recoil off so I could year the engine down. The engine is spinning the same direction as the recoil. I'm in Robinson Illinois.

When you set the timing did you have the advance pulled back and held in place?

Yes. The timing was advanced. The only part I question about the timing procedure is did I read the dial indicator correctly. I think it was just over a complete revolution of the dial BTDC.

Between .118-.138 so it should be over a revolution. These are finicky so when I do it I check it a couple of times. Check your spark plug gap again too. You had spark before so I think it is something out of adjustment.

I will say this. Maybe this will help on what direction I should go. I bought this as a non running project so I have never heard it run. Could it possibly be losing spark under compression?

No, I don't think so, if you have spark and fuel, then its timing if the compression is good.

Compression is good. If I crank it with my hand over the back of the carb I get fuel running out the back of the carb by my hand. Does that sound normal. Put the Piston in with arrow towards exhaust. Just drawing at straws now

+ Reply to Thread